• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Love the truck, hate the manual...

chucktruck

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello, I'm new here. Truly glad to meet y'all!

Just got home from "maiden voyage" with about 6-7K lbs. of travel trailer (round-about 2-wk tour of SW states). No real complaints, and honestly impressed by the way any 3.0 could actually handle the many grades and diverse conditions that are still unavoidable throughout the mountain states!
(
Although the first lesson was to start watching the tachometer instead of the MPG readout, right?)

But ever since taking delivery, it has remained a huge disappointment to try to find any useful information (ABOUT OUR VEHICLE and its features, specs, and options, NOT EVERYBODY ELSE'S.....) in the entire bundle of supposedly relevant documentation that the dealer proudly sends us down the road with.

Does anybody else share this frustration? Or does it simply mean that I am hopelessly old-fashioned, and need to simply come to places like this for "online validation"? After all, it's still a great pickup in every other way...

Thanks for listening, and have a great summer!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Great truck but you better put a tune on it or you will find out more about the EGR valve, its cooler and the symptoms of their failure. Now that is a sad tale.

chucktruck

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks for the reply, but it was kind of a riddle... Are you suggesting a tune up when it's brand new? Just got the free first service appointment at dealership.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
This will cause you to do some research since I caught you flat footed. Most of us put a tune on our ECM to improve the operation of the engine. For example, Sofa King tune will improve your MPG, give you more power, and make your engine run better and with less repairs. You will read all over this site and others how bad the EGR and EGR cooler are on this truck and how it makes people miserable. It also empties their wallet with dealer repairs. For that reason, we buy a tune and put the EGR to sleep.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Hello, I'm new here. Truly glad to meet y'all!

Just got home from "maiden voyage" with about 6-7K lbs. of travel trailer (round-about 2-wk tour of SW states). No real complaints, and honestly impressed by the way any 3.0 could actually handle the many grades and diverse conditions that are still unavoidable throughout the mountain states!
(
Although the first lesson was to start watching the tachometer instead of the MPG readout, right?)

But ever since taking delivery, it has remained a huge disappointment to try to find any useful information (ABOUT OUR VEHICLE and its features, specs, and options, NOT EVERYBODY ELSE'S.....) in the entire bundle of supposedly relevant documentation that the dealer proudly sends us down the road with.

Does anybody else share this frustration? Or does it simply mean that I am hopelessly old-fashioned, and need to simply come to places like this for "online validation"? After all, it's still a great pickup in every other way...

Thanks for listening, and have a great summer!
You have to download the manuals or call customer care and request hard copies. They will provide them for free to the original purchaser.

Or download here https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us/my-garage/select-vehicle.html

chucktruck

May 10, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok, thanks, will do some research, as you suggest. Define "...buy a tune..."
( Reminds me of the good old juke box days... ).

This will cause you to do some research since I caught you flat footed. Most of us put a tune on our ECM to improve the operation of the engine. For example, Sofa King tune will improve your MPG, give you more power, and make your engine run better and with less repairs. You will read all over this site and others how bad the EGR and EGR cooler are on this truck and how it makes people miserable. It also empties their wallet with dealer repairs. For that reason, we buy a tune and put the EGR to sleep.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
It is like the operating system for your truck. And don't ask the dealer which tune he prefers!