• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low oil pressure

JumpinJack

May 23, 2023
Truck Year
Have a Ram 2021 and twice in a month I’ve had a low oil pressure warning light com on. This was after 200+ miles after an oil change with Valvoline. After the first warning I babied it home with oil pressure between 19 and 35 pounds. (Reading from the HUD on the dash) Dealership couldn’t tell me what the normal pressure for the eco diesel should be but that it had to drop below 8 pounds to throw the warning. Told me if the light cleared after a couple cycles it should be OK. The following morning I fired it up and it showed 88 lbs cold and no warning light. After warming up It showed 19 to 42 lbs. When looking at the oil pressure dial on the dash it pegs at about half or better making me think the HUD pressure is off. This evening, after a month from the first time, it threw the warning light a second time. Any Thoughts?

MadMunky

May 3, 2023
Truck Year
Have a Ram 2021 and twice in a month I’ve had a low oil pressure warning light com on. This was after 200+ miles after an oil change with Valvoline. After the first warning I babied it home with oil pressure between 19 and 35 pounds. (Reading from the HUD on the dash) Dealership couldn’t tell me what the normal pressure for the eco diesel should be but that it had to drop below 8 pounds to throw the warning. Told me if the light cleared after a couple cycles it should be OK. The following morning I fired it up and it showed 88 lbs cold and no warning light. After warming up It showed 19 to 42 lbs. When looking at the oil pressure dial on the dash it pegs at about half or better making me think the HUD pressure is off. This evening, after a month from the first time, it threw the warning light a second time. Any Thoughts?
Mine did the samething turned out the oil pump gave up and I found metal shavings in my oil so ended up needing a new engine.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OP.. If the MIL/CEL is operating correctly you dropped below 8PSI (SWITCH) You need live gauge like this one...Sell ASAP... and I mean drive it to Dealer right now (Today) or risk joining the 30K+ engine failures.

Attachments

• ED oil Gage1.jpg
    ED oil Gage1.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 2