• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

misfires on new 2020 ecodiesel

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Yes Sir, no one is being upfront on the matter. I am a "do what you say you are going to do" kind of guy. No one is doing that at the dealership or FCA, just one big circle. Luckily yes, I am on my fourth rental so far.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
If the it will be months?, you have a 100% Lemon Law case, your call, I would at the expiation of the lemon time limit what ever it is just dump it on them and move on, you still want a ecodiesel they will replace it

bergie

May 17, 2020
Truck Year
Yep... The Dealer sold you the The truck in any type of ligation the Dealer is legally mentioned they are the required contact on take backs. It seems their not being upfront on the matter. I would hope you have a loaner?
We finally have a loaner truck with tow capability but still looking at two months for

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Stand Your ground, unfortunately in America to many for to long have remained silent,.... the everything's is OK, and you have NO right to challenge matters is prevalent and practice everywhere.

This is the foremost reason why the VM3.0 has 6 Years of the same continuous problems and failures, My guess 2020 will fare no better.

bergie

May 17, 2020
Truck Year
Good Day,
I wanted to give everyone an update on the EGR issue we are having with our 2020 ram 1500 ecodiesel. For the last couple of weeks there has been little dialogue about when the defective part might be available. The original time line for the part was sometime in late July due to no availability at the part manufacturer. We were given a new gas version to use until our vehicle was repaired but this was still upsetting news
This morning our service representative called to say that the new timeframe for that part due to factory shutdown could be September/October so in discussions with the area rep, it was decided to order and install a complete new engine. Rather radical step by most standards, but in this case FCA stepped up in my opinion. Of course this could speak to a more serious issue but we are glad that in this case this will be the resolution. Our rep at Tacoma Dodge further indicated that the engine should arrive some time next week and we could have the truck back by the end of next week. I hope that any of you experiencing issues get your issues resolved.

Bergie

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Bergie , I tip my hat to the Dealer, I just cannot support this engine made By VM (3.0) I heard the same comments in 2015. What's going to happen when VM stops production of the 2020 version? and it seems VM is getting fitted for Industrial and Marine engines? FPT. https://www.vmmotori.it/en/ VM has stop its ad campaign on the 3.0 603, History has provided us with the final outcome of the 3.0 end.