• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My EcoDiesel is awesome today because:

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Since we have a lot of negativity from blown motors, etc.. let's start a thread about the GOOD things the EcoDiesels do for us.

I start us off!

We get to pass the fuel station much more.

Looking forward to the responses!

thawkins57

Jun 5, 2016
Truck Year
I only have 6K on mine, but so far, no problems. With my Hemi, I was getting 12 mpg around town, and now I'm getting 20 with my EcoD. Driving to Sacramento from Reno, I get 31mpg going over and average 27 overall. I never averaged more than 19 with my Hemi.

It pulls my 6K lb travel trailer like a charm, even in the mountains of western Nevada. Whereas I was often in 3rd with the Hemi, I never drop below 5th with the EcoD, and most often stay in 6th or 7th.

So far, I love it...

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
......it handles sharply and is very well road mannered for such a capable truck.

Narrowly missed a deer this evening on the way home from the grandparents house. As much as I cuss the crappy quad beam halogens, they lit up the narrow county road enough to see her creep out of the wood line just in time. Even with a mash of the brakes and a hard swerve to the left, the EcoDiesel felt planted and in control. FCA got that part right.

My family and I thank them.

-Brady

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
.....because every day I get in to drive it, I feel like I've won the lottery. Never in my life have I had a more comfortable, capable, versatile vehile. It's like 4 vehicles in one package for me: A Fuel-sipping Commuter, Family Hauler, Tow vehicle for my camper, and Pack Mule. All while making me feel like King of the Road, driving a limo. Yeah, it's that good.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
.....because every day I get in to drive it, I feel like I've won the lottery. Never in my life have I had a more comfortable, capable, versatile vehile. It's like 4 vehicles in one package for me: A Fuel-sipping Commuter, Family Hauler, Tow vehicle for my camper, and Pack Mule. All while making me feel like King of the Road, driving a limo. Yeah, it's that good.
They should put that on a brochure.. :D

Nicely done.

Tow Happy

May 14, 2016
Truck Year
This is my first post on the site. I bought my eco diesel last June and have nothing but praise for the truck. I currently have 13k on it and about 3k of those miles have been pulling a 29' travel trailer. The truck has been flawless so far and I never get tired of driving it. I have always been a Ford guy but this is my 3rd straight Dodge/Ram. Maybe I need to change my stance.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
This is my first post on the site. I bought my eco diesel last June and have nothing but praise for the truck. I currently have 13k on it and about 3k of those miles have been pulling a 29' travel trailer. The truck has been flawless so far and I never get tired of driving it. I have always been a Ford guy but this is my 3rd straight Dodge/Ram. Maybe I need to change my stance.

Welcome @Tow Happy

Make yourself at home here, and also glad to see another happy EcoDiesel owner!

Great White

Jul 28, 2016
Truck Year
My EcoDiesel is awesome today because I just filled my tank up for the first time and got 25.6 MPG (hand figured) thats the best mileage I have EVER had In 19 years of driving, By a long shot, even better than my old 4 banger Yota I had in high school!!! And to think I almost bought a. . . . . . car :eek:, to increase fuel economy.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
because I average 27 MPG the past few days a in a full size truck!!!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
...Because it's not a hemi. Those things are a dime a dozen around here. Everywhere!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

trace2008

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
Brakes, good brakes (gone in 60 sec ref)
All kidding aside, this truck stops on a dime without any sliding. I came around a corner at 55mph and there was a motorcycle and rider down in my lane. He t-boned granny in a Saturn who pulled out right in front of him. I couldn't believe how quick this truck can stop. In my Jeep wrangler I would have had to wreck to avoid hitting him or granny in the other lane.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Brakes, good brakes (gone in 60 sec ref)
All kidding aside, this truck stops on a dime without any sliding. I came around a corner at 55mph and there was a motorcycle and rider down in my lane. He t-boned granny in a Saturn who pulled out right in front of him. I couldn't believe how quick this truck can stop. In my Jeep wrangler I would have had to wreck to avoid hitting him or granny in the other lane.

Glad you're safe! Welcome to the site.

Day Trippin

Jul 20, 2016
Truck Year
My EcoD is awesome because it didn't blow up and have to be towed to a dealership somewhere. ;) Just kidding (well maybe a little bit after all the horror stories I've read about them dying). Actually today I recorded my best mileage on a tank that wasn't purely highway.

A 60/40 mix I got 29.4 mpg hand calculated. I didn't baby it all the time either and I did have a few nice full throttle bursts as I am still exploring the GDE tune a bit. I am rolling on 20" tires and have the 3.55 gears and a tonneau cover. Also a fair amount of AC usage (about 80%).