• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My EcoDiesel is awesome today because:

Billy R

Sep 22, 2016
Truck Year
Since we have a lot of negativity from blown motors, etc.. let's start a thread about the GOOD things the EcoDiesels do for us.

I start us off!

We get to pass the fuel station much more.

Looking forward to the responses!
I've had mine a week now, I've put just over 200 miles on it and still have above 3/4 of a tank of fuel...Making a road trip in October can't wait to see how well it does on the highway.

Smoke

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
My ED is awesome because I had an RA flare and could not climb into my truck even with air system down to entry level. Had to ride in a Prius to the Dr. (That sucks)! Yesterday, I put it in off-road 2 and climbed in. (World is right again) Turned on heated steering wheel and my arthritic hands relaxed. (thought it was a luxury when I bought it, not anymore. Seat fits me like a glove. Can't remember when I filled up last. I enjoy driving again. Quiet, comfortable, can do anything truck.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yep, automatic heated steering wheel and seats. Best things I never knew I needed!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
My ED is awesome because I had an RA flare and could not climb into my truck even with air system down to entry level. Had to ride in a Prius to the Dr. (That sucks)! Yesterday, I put it in off-road 2 and climbed in. (World is right again) Turned on heated steering wheel and my arthritic hands relaxed. (thought it was a luxury when I bought it, not anymore. Seat fits me like a glove. Can't remember when I filled up last. I enjoy driving again. Quiet, comfortable, can do anything truck.

Welcome to the forum!

DTM

Nov 15, 2016
Truck Year
I've driven mine 1k miles since I bought it. It has 55k now and I'm averaging 20mpg and I don't drive it hard. Any recommendations from you guys? Also, I heard from the dealership to change the oil every 7500 miles and I heard 15k from a diesel owner. What have you all been doing?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've driven mine 1k miles since I bought it. It has 55k now and I'm averaging 20mpg and I don't drive it hard. Any recommendations from you guys? Also, I heard from the dealership to change the oil every 7500 miles and I heard 15k from a diesel owner. What have you all been doing?

Every 10K at minimum. I personally do every 7500.

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
It's black, it's beautiful and, it is awesome on fuel. I was bragging on the mileage when I first got her to a buddy of mine that is all about Ford 6.0 and 7.3 motors. He said "wow, a Prius/Truck"! I laughed and said, "yeah, but I can do more than a Prius and I am WAY more comfortable!". After a few trips towing, I am totally convinced I made the right choice for me! Wife loves it too! She had to get a small step stool so she could climb in! (Did I say in another thread "I am CHEAP!?") Actually, I like the looks of her so much, I haven't found a set of step rails that I like besides the $1100 electronic folders!!

Stephen Kowalewski

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
Yesterday had a bunch of sleet and freezing rain which made the road in front of house just about impassable except for this truck. Dropped the truck in 4 wheel drive and up we went.

Smoke

Oct 14, 2016
Truck Year
4 degrees in Oklahoma. No heater. Truck started without any trouble. Was parked outside and water bottle frozen in the cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R Stanley

Dec 22, 2016
Truck Year
I bought it as a light duty truck, and it meets my needs for the next 200,000 miles that is my plan anyway, fuel usage is outstanding, towing, or not, DEF usage is very good, I know it rides good if family likes it, and wants to take it on trips instead of my wife's jeep Grand Cherokee, Hot spot works great for the young ones and their gadgets. Family happy I am happy.

Stephen Kowalewski

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
It handled great in the one day we had a decent snow in Pennsylvania. Was hoping for a snowy winter to get the truck out in 4 wheel drive more. Maybe next year. What a dissapointing winter.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
It handled great in the one day we had a decent snow in Pennsylvania. Was hoping for a snowy winter to get the truck out in 4 wheel drive more. Maybe next year. What a dissapointing winter.
I second that feeling. Nothing fun to report here weather wise either. If it's gonna be winter, bring the winter on....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

fhedrickjr

Dec 15, 2016
Truck Year
13K on the odo and I am still very confident that I made a very good decision! Even with temps in the teens and 20s, and winter blend fuel, I still managed 21.1 mpg back and forth to work.

Retired Bones

Jun 15, 2016
Truck Year
I took my ED out to southern Cal for a grand kids visit. We drove 525 miles on the first day and put 22 gallons in it. That's Olympia Wa to Redding.
Second day Redding to Simi Valley, Calif.
Slightly over 610 miles and filled it. It took 24 gallons. Considering the southern mountains and heat all the temperatures stayed near normal.
I did not tow on this trip. It was a nice ride, and a quiet trip. I'm right at 49K over all with more than 6K towing 6,400 lbs.
All my concern over high oil temps while towing, considering the "AmSol" Oil guys discussion, I am wondering if 250/270 degrees is intentional by "FCA" to boil off excessive fuel in the oil?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That seems pretty good, you got about 25mpg on the whole trip!1
BTW, I live in Olympia too!