• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My name is Stefan Black

StefanQ

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
Hey guys, glad to see there's a group of people who enjoy sharing and talking about this new motor. Me personally I don't know how I feel about it. Gas mileage is great, inside is beautiful to the T, and it rides smooth. Me and my Dad straight piped my truck thinking it would change the sound..got the catalytic converter cut off..bad decision on our part. I'm here really just to try and get some good information from people that are hands on like myself. Thank you

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey guys, glad to see there's a group of people who enjoy sharing and talking about this new motor. Me personally I don't know how I feel about it. Gas mileage is great, inside is beautiful to the T, and it rides smooth. Me and my Dad straight piped my truck thinking it would change the sound..got the catalytic converter cut off..bad decision on our part. I'm here really just to try and get some good information from people that are hands on like myself. Thank you

Welcome!

Like John said, which tune are you using for the truck to run without the DPF and other equipment?

StefanQ

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
Well maybe I should have explained mysel more... When we cut the converter off there was a code that came up on my dash and it said to take to the dealership I had a 100 miles or it was gonna stop running. So we took it to the dealer. Paid close to 2000$ for a new converter and here I am today with a straight piped Eco diesel and my moms Cadillac is louder than my diesel

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well maybe I should have explained mysel more... When we cut the converter off there was a code that came up on my dash and it said to take to the dealership I had a 100 miles or it was gonna stop running. So we took it to the dealer. Paid close to 2000$ for a new converter and here I am today with a straight piped Eco diesel and my moms Cadillac is louder than my diesel

So you never used a tuner to delete the emissions, you just cut off the exhaust? Also, removing the DPF will make the most difference in sound as it catches all the noise.

StefanQ

Jan 2, 2016
Truck Year
No sir I've not had any luck with finding any chips online. I known I could take it to a shop and have them tune it but I live on n north Georgia mountains so I'd have to go towards Atlanta to find a shop... If I could find a chip online that was decent I'd probably buy it

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
No sir I've not had any luck with finding any chips online. I known I could take it to a shop and have them tune it but I live on n north Georgia mountains so I'd have to go towards Atlanta to find a shop... If I could find a chip online that was decent I'd probably buy it

Well the truck isn't going to run properly if you remove the dpf and then not tune it.