• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My names Russell Hough

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
Hi - I've owned my Dodge Ram 1500 for 1 year and a half. I have accumulated 14000 miles. All recalls have been completed and up to date. I've been following and communicating with Shawn for about a year now. Shawn has really helped me understand and prevent future problems from pointing out regen monitoring and preventative maintenance.
I finished a medical program Amerillo Texas and planned a trip up North when a problem that was pre existing (Def trouble code on computet) said I had 200 miles to get the truck serviced or else engine would shut down. I was driving North on 93 in Idaho and the town ahead of me was Salmon Idaho - just by luck they had an outstanding dealership that took care of me - they completed all of the recalls - they changed the catalytic converter, cleaned out the Def tank and filled to full with fresh fluid, cleaned the EGT injecter, and checked the steering wheel harness for chaffing recall. All trouble codes were gone when I ran a diagnostic with my Edge Cts.
Just recently I made the mistake of putting Rain-X in my wiper tank, the full indicator is shorted and showing full and the the sprayer isn't working but the motor is - I have service scheduled at the local dealership here in Missoula Montana.
It was important for me to wait and get my truck serviced up North because I wasn't impresses with the shady mechanics down in Texas. If you want to see me and my truck pulling my Lance 2285 trailer up the mountains go to BriarRabid on g+.
Oh yes, one more thing - the hot chip sounds like it's the real deal :)
- the cam problem has me concerned! You would think that Dodge would have a service bulletin out on this
- both of my puddle lights are out

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome Russell..

We're glad to have you.. Sounds like you have found a good dealer. It seems those are hard to come by for a lot of people! Stick around and enjoy the site.
Thanks - she's running good but I see possible storm clouds off in the distance - I really do believe Dodge should have a service bulletin out on the cam sprocket

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
How many have failed?
I would like to see a recall for the oil cooler.
I remember two of the four trouble codes - one was the famous Def code P20EE and the other code I don't remember but it equated to the oil over heating

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
Just got a message to service Def system again - engine light on - trouble code p208b

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
so after all this time russ i finally see what your truck and trailer look like, sorry google doesn't like blackberry, and i just bought a mac, so your truck you have is exactly the same everything down to every detail i was hoping to get at the dealer, but there were only 4 trucks in my entire state, and i hate black and brown. so i got the only not black or brown truck, which was mine. nice to see you active on here. this is a great site.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
oh. im not happy with you that you passed right by me and didn't stop. I understand though, i would have just talked you to death.

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
oh. im not happy with you that you passed right by me and didn't stop. I understand though, i would have just talked you to death.
I have to get working - so I was heading to Coeur d Alene ID - I have priorities - I was taking the shortest route on state road 64 through Rangely CO up through Vernal UT into Wyoming - so I just nipped the North Eastern part of your state - I don't have much time and have to get moving - in the future after everything gets settled it will be different :)

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
so after all this time russ i finally see what your truck and trailer look like, sorry google doesn't like blackberry, and i just bought a mac, so your truck you have is exactly the same everything down to every detail i was hoping to get at the dealer, but there were only 4 trucks in my entire state, and i hate black and brown. so i got the only not black or brown truck, which was mine. nice to see you active on here. this is a great site.
Yeah I here you - I wanted a no frills company truck - the way I figured it is the less bells and whistles the less that can go wrong - if I could do again I'd have skipped the air ride and opted for your suspension set up - but I will say that 4×4 has proven it's value to me

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for all your hard work - it's greatly appreciated :)

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
What in the heck I going on in your life? You disappeared 3 months ago. I thought it was settled you were going to colorado, I still have never met a single ecodiesel owner in person to this day, I thought for sure you'd be first.

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
What in the heck I going on in your life? You disappeared 3 months ago. I thought it was settled you were going to colorado, I still have never met a single ecodiesel owner in person to this day, I thought for sure you'd be first.
After talking with people whom I've know and respect I decided to change my course - and my course isn't for sure yet - location, quality of life, and opportunity are my guidance - right now the truck is giving me the same problem all over again - the comp is telling me I have 200 miles before the engine will shut down - this is really pisses me off - I'm really wondering if the hot chip is the solution to this mess as it bypasses the EGR

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
celtic tuning, raw performance in canada will do anything you want to the ecu for $500, they'll delete the ear out, dpf, scr, tune it, anything.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I thought you already had the hot tune from gde russel? I'm stuck with emissions equipment due to being in CA but am interested in doing the gde tune if anyone ever comes out with an aftermarket oil cooler to make me less weary going forward.

Russell Hough

Jun 16, 2015
Truck Year
celtic tuning, raw performance in canada will do anything you want to the ecu for $500, they'll delete the ear out, dpf, scr, tune it, anything.
Got the truck back yesterday, Def problem was a loose connection on the exhaust pipe - they replaced my puddle LEDs no charge
Wiper fluid problem was hose had become disconnected - so all is working perfectly - ran diagostic with edge Cts and there were no trouble codes - EGT'S are stable across the board - first regen was right out of the shop and took awhile to complete, I suppose that was due to the fact that it wasn't regen in properly before the fix and was soothed up badly - engine is running like a sewing machine :)