• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

n00by Rammer asks complex questions...

BADRAMAJAMA

Aug 23, 2019
Truck Year
Hello, badramajama here and I bought a ram last week. First truck in my life, first diesel engine too. *2016 SLT 4x4 quadcab Diamond Black* After weeks of research I feel like I know nothing. about this little light of mine (3.0 ecodiesel) ((I don't want to type ED)) ahem.. anyways my questions are as follows. What is EGT temp? I found a diesel performance shop in my area that is willing to do a tune and delete. is it worth forking over the almost 3k to have a full delete and tune in 24hrs? also what kind of program/ecu will they give it? Can they do a trans tune? What is my axle ratio? does anyone have DIY instructions? I like this site and hope to learn more. Give me a hell yeah brother. <3

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the group you must live in the high rent district it is no where two thousand

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! I would ask what tuning they are using, as most diesel shops just resell big name tuning out there and their upcharge. Usually tuning should be about the same price, and you're just paying the labor for the install + hard parts.