• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Need help...

Head_shot_1909

Jan 5, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi I just bought my 2018 ecodiesel and im currently trying to locate anything online in regards to egr dpf complete delete... I've looked online and can see where people have done it but can't find where they got the parts... In all I need help locating the parts for the full delete the tuning and then a full exhaust straight pipe preferably... thank you in advance for any help you can give

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi I just bought my 2018 ecodiesel and im currently trying to locate anything online in regards to egr dpf complete delete... I've looked online and can see where people have done it but can't find where they got the parts... In all I need help locating the parts for the full delete the tuning and then a full exhaust straight pipe preferably... thank you in advance for any help you can give

Welcome! I would check out Green Diesel Engineering (GDE) or PPEI. They both can get you started in the right direction.

Head_shot_1909

Jan 5, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes the warranty will be voided but if you have a dealer that can work with you then it makes things easier... plus the EGR and DEF system are only covered under 3 year-36000 mile and those parts are only partially covered from what I understand and have researched... so 1500.00 total delete vs. 2500.00+ repair bill just to have the same problem again seems logical to me to just delete

Clinton

Dec 13, 2018
Truck Year
Like others have said, GDE is very good for programming, I have their hotune and am very happy with it . They recommended me to use the Sasquatch EGR delete kit. Sasquatch also has pipes for the DPF delete, but nothing special is needed for pipes. I only deleted topside so can't comment on DPF .

Mike5034

Jan 6, 2019
Truck Year
And with a tune and a delete would it be safe to say a spun bearing or broken crank or cam shaft seems less likely? Or does it just clean up the exhaust side of things? Im a inch away from purchasing a 2018 ed but scared stupid do to all the horror stories. I do 5000 miles per year tops but love the truck as it is setup. O know its more of a highway truck but if i can suffer through the 3 years of warranty then delete.and tune it.seems.like i might have.a 10+ year.truck.

Clinton

Dec 13, 2018
Truck Year
And with a tune and a delete would it be safe to say a spun bearing or broken crank or cam shaft seems less likely? Or does it just clean up the exhaust side of things? Im a inch away from purchasing a 2018 ed but scared stupid do to all the horror stories. I do 5000 miles per year tops but love the truck as it is setup. O know its more of a highway truck but if i can suffer through the 3 years of warranty then delete.and tune it.seems.like i might have.a 10+ year.truck.
You'll find the opinions of what a tune saves you from and what it increases your risk of will all have their reasons. I deleted because my EGR cooler failed and delete was way cheaper than replacing. I do get a bit more power and maybe a touch better mileage. But 100% less coolant inimy intake.
The known issues reported on these forums in the ED probably aren't attenuated by a tune, but some will say otherwise. I think only driving a diesel 5k a year will give you more problems than not deleting ever will. While I don't pull a lot, this motor in mine runs best when I'm working it hardest. At 5k a year I'd personally look to a hemi, or even the 6cyl gas. But this is all 100% my opinion. Do what's best for you. It's good motor, don't let the horror stories make you think it's a wide-spread phenomenon.

Mike5034

Jan 6, 2019
Truck Year
I agree with everything u say but i found the perfect.setup plus options and its a leftover 2018 . Plus great price. Not going to find a lot like this . If it had a 3.6 it would.been in my driveway 2.weeks.ago. Thanks for.your 2 cents anyway.

Clinton

Dec 13, 2018
Truck Year
I agree with everything u say but i found the perfect.setup plus options and its a leftover 2018 . Plus great price. Not going to find a lot like this . If it had a 3.6 it would.been in my driveway 2.weeks.ago. Thanks for.your 2 cents anyway.
That's about the same way I ended up with mine. Bring it home, it's a great truck .