• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2021 Ram Eco Diesel

GBRAM2021

Apr 17, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey! My name is Greg. I am new to diesel trucks and just bought a 2021 RAM Eco Diesel.

Rwintermute

Apr 19, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
I too just got 2021 eco diesel. Did my first oil change and cost me over 300 bucks at the dealership. Comments?

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
Yep, a downfall of the dealership doing that work. It is one the most straight forward oil changes you could ever do. Maybe watch some videos and next time tackle it yourself. You can do it for a third of the price yourself. Even the fuel filter is super simple.

Rwintermute

Apr 19, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks so much for the information. I thought I’d give the dealership one shot and then do on my own. How many miles should you get between oil changes standard driving.

Mxvet0354

Apr 20, 2020
Truck Year
You know everyone has their version of intervals but I did every 6K and fuel filter every other oil change.

One of the few oil changes that I did twice and literally didn't spill a drop. It's that simple.

I purchased filters from the dealership and saved all my receipts.

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
I too just got 2021 eco diesel. Did my first oil change and cost me over 300 bucks at the dealership. Comments?
I change my own. Mine is a 2016 though. Buy a quick release oil drain valve. It is quick, easy, and clean to drain the oil. No need to jack the truck up as there is plenty of room to slide yourself under the truck. Easiest oil change vehicle I have ever owned. Just make sure to keep all receipts and take photos of the receipts and the dash as well for warranty purposes. I even take pictures of the oil, oil filter, and fuel filter. They will be hard pressed to deny warranty when you are anal about it. You will save a lot of money doing it yourself. I also change my fuel filter every other oil change.

GBRAM2021

Apr 17, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Great truck so far. Put 1500 miles on it and gas mileage is getting better!

GBRAM2021

Apr 17, 2021
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey dumb question. Where is the cable for the trailer brake connection? I am going to put the brake I have from another vehicle in and I can’t see the cable. I looked in the center behind where the tow button is. Any thoughts?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
My 2014 had the cables zip tied under the kick panel under the steering wheel. I’d assume the new trucks keep it in the same general area

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Nice truck! congratulations.
Oil change every 7500 and fuel filter every other oil change for me. I also have oil analysis done to keep an eye on things..