• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New BFGoodrich KO2 tire

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Unbelievable price I'm now on the fence from cooper. A 275/65/20 k02 is $305/tire on discount tire direct but Jet has them by the pair for only $440!!! And the 8 ply 60 series is about 390.
But new customer with 30$ off the first 3 orders... buy each pair separate.. then a hypertech (BTW it's only $170 on jet for hypertech. $140 for a new customer) so we're talking $205/tire for a k02 275/65/20? That's crazy cheap!

Jet.com - Prices Drop As You Shop https://jet.com/product/BF-Goodrich-Tires-All-Terrain-TA-KO2-LT27565R2010-126123S-2756520-Inch-Tires-Qua/b62e44cdc6c2489dad6a8abd422928e6

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So we're at $960 (USD) for a set of 65 series k02's AND a hypertech calibrator?

I was about to drop $1100 on Stt pros plus the hypertech. That's nearly a 300$ difference.......

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So we're at $960 (USD) for a set of 65 series k02's AND a hypertech calibrator?

I was about to drop $1100 on Stt pros plus the hypertech. That's nearly a 300$ difference.......

I think you figured out which tires you want.. :D

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I think you figured out which tires you want.. :D
Honestly I don't like the bf's but I do know they are a pretty good tire and that price has me in a rather tough mindset.

Though the wife actually said to get the Cooper's still. Too bad it doesn't come from her $$.

We'll see what discount tire direct does for a price match if they still beat by 5%.

Haha I bet they'd be mighty unhappy beating the price on the bfg's though ;)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
They've got a secret eBay promo actually so now they beat their own prices on the cooper. 100 off plus no federal excise tax. So the only big price difference without fighting jet's system for new customers (the wife) is whether or not I pay for the hypertech out of pocket. Not a big deal in my opinion.

My big thing here is... my spare I need a 65 series now.. new or throw a Used on?
and getting the tire cert's or not. I've never needed one. Heck I've only had a patch or two ever. But I'm sure when I dump this kinda money on rubber low and behold I will have needed one

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
They've got a secret eBay promo actually so now they beat their own prices on the cooper. 100 off plus no federal excise tax. So the only big price difference without fighting jet's system for new customers (the wife) is whether or not I pay for the hypertech out of pocket. Not a big deal in my opinion.

My big thing here is... my spare I need a 65 series now.. new or throw a Used on?
and getting the tire cert's or not. I've never needed one. Heck I've only had a patch or two ever. But I'm sure when I dump this kinda money on rubber low and behold I will have needed one

I don't get the certs myself, but I did the last time I bought tires for my Jetta. (Smaller tire == more chance of puncture in the road,etc.. and I just felt like the deal was to good to pass up). I actually had a patch last week on my Jetta, they we're able to fix it but it was nice knowing I had the certs and they would have thrown a new tire on it if needed.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I don't get the certs myself, but I did the last time I bought tires for my Jetta. (Smaller tire == more chance of puncture in the road,etc.. and I just felt like the deal was to good to pass up). I actually had a patch last week on my Jetta, they we're able to fix it but it was nice knowing I had the certs and they would have thrown a new tire on it if needed.
Idk it's iffy. Tire certs are 144, half the price of a 5th matching tire (which I kinda hate to have such good rubber hung under the truck), or just accept Repair costs and possibilities and find a Used inexpensive spare that will match up which I have to do if I get the certs anyways

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
When you rotate the tires they are supposed to rotate the spare also. So it won't actually stay as a new spare if you get the 5th. So you are actually saving on the wear and tear. I think they said it's like saving 25% thread cause your supposed to incorporate the spare into the tire rotation. I only have 4 no spare and already 30k miles on them. I try to rotate them every 7 k miles. The only thing I had to do is go to the dealer and asked them to calibrate the odometer to accommodate the bigger size while it was in for an oil change. That way they don't charge you extra for hooking up the comp and playing with it.

Attachments

• 20161018_205708.jpg
    20161018_205708.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 15
  • 20161018_205533.jpg
    20161018_205533.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20161018_205625.jpg
    20161018_205625.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 16

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
When you rotate the tires they are supposed to rotate the spare also. So it won't actually stay as a new spare if you get the 5th. So you are actually saving on the wear and tear. I think they said it's like saving 25% thread cause your supposed to incorporate the spare into the tire rotation. I only have 4 no spare and already 30k miles on them. I try to rotate them every 7 k miles. The only thing I had to do is go to the dealer and asked them to calibrate the odometer to accommodate the bigger size while it was in for an oil change. That way they don't charge you extra for hooking up the comp and playing with it.
Yeah a 5 tire rotation works great on a Jeep, but we don't have matching rims under our trucks. Just steelies. And you're sure as shit not going to have two tires dismounted and mounted to switch the wear on that steely.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
One thing that caught me off guard though in what you just said.. you mentioned having the dealer program to a 285/65/20? As far as I or anyone else seem to be able to find a dealer can only change to the possible factory tire revolutions

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
One thing that caught me off guard though in what you just said.. you mentioned having the dealer program to a 285/65/20? As far as I or anyone else seem to be able to find a dealer can only change to the possible factory tire revolutions
Nope. They have multiple sizes on the comp, so they programmed it to the closest setting they can get. Which if you look at the specs of what they gave me and the specs of what the ko2s actually are its .00x difference in the actual tire size. So when I drive and check the speed on the phone and speedometer they are the same. Mind you I drive mostly highway at 65mph- 80mph depending on how many cops are hunting that given day. ;) If I don't forget to ask I'll give you guys the actual setting at my next oil change which I'm due for within the next week or 2.

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
Yeah a 5 tire rotation works great on a Jeep, but we don't have matching rims under our trucks. Just steelies. And you're sure as shit not going to have two tires dismounted and mounted to switch the wear on that steely.
Well that's your preference. Same as mine. I didn't even want to think about spending the $ on new rim and tire. But for those that do have the $ you only have to buy the rim once. Then tires for life so you actually save in the looong run.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well that's your preference. Same as mine. I didn't even want to think about spending the $ on new rim and tire. But for those that do have the $ you only have to buy the rim once. Then tires for life so you actually save in the looong run.
Except the under bed tire carrier won't accommodate an alloy or chrome clad rim. It's only fits the steel hub. If you want to bed mount then sure. But factory spare under the bed? Doesn't work

Cwbpiotr

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
Except the under bed tire carrier won't accommodate an alloy or chrome clad rim. It's only fits the steel hub. If you want to bed mount then sure. But factory spare under the bed? Doesn't work
It's funny how they do that now a days. Just makes no sense

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Ok so a couple funny things about bf, they don't really disclose their tire measurements. Tread depth and such. It's all very hidden. Also directly from bf's website their tire reviews are awful recently for the k02. Especially longevity.

Anyways shopped around a little and ended up getting the Cooper's for 952 out the door. Discount tire had a 100 off promo for purchases over 400 on eBay. And you don't have to pay federal excise tax through eBay. Found the listing for tires by pair at 576 (288/ea) knocked 100 off it on the two orders. Can't beat that price. But they are now En route.

Now has anyone ever Used or heard of permagloss?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Good luck everyone I know including the cooper dealer near me runs something other than them. But the few individuals I do know that have ran the stt's have been very unhappy with there winter traction and short life. But I'm interested in hearing your opinions of them.

DMDK-ECO

Aug 13, 2016
Truck Year
I run BFG KO2s on my stock 20" Rim with stock sizing except as bit wider 285.
Very good all around tire on and off the road, amazing in slush and minimal hydroplaning.
The fuel economy I get is 24MPG AVG and 95% City driving.

One thing is that the tires are noisier than the original KOs.
My 5cents.

Reactions: EOC