• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New BFGoodrich KO2 tire

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I've been looking at those All Terrain BFG KO2. As they are rated with the snow flake symbol. No such thing as all season tires in Canada, due to temperatures below -7C. They have to be labeled All weather and have that snow flake mountain symbol.

Without that symbol, I can't go to British Columbia, Canada, with the truck during winter. Costco (Calgary/Medicine Hat) carries them and I probably switch out the stock tires with them by end of November. (1300.00 for four, installed and taxes (275/R60/20)

They seem to have good reviews, quiet tires. Anyone with negative info? Who selling them for the best price.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I take a look at Toyo AT2. For the last 10 years on several vehicles, I used
OBSERVE GSI-5. Though they are winter tires, I used it all year round. In fact my Camry Hybrid 2014 has the observe GSI-5 on it, since new, 28,000 km and show very little wear.

But, they do hum a little during summer time. On 3 of my Honda CRV, I got 80,000 km and at trade in time, they still passed to used by the dealer. They last.

I decided I try those all weather tires on the RAM. I'm sure it a little of a compromise but save a lot having to carry two sets. Still researching, hope to hear from folks who have them and used it a season in the cold country.

The tire, I do get, they have to have the snow/flake mountain symbol, all weather, not all season. Tires without that symbol is illegal to use in British Columbia and Quebec, during winter. That symbol has to be there. Can't find it on the Toyo AT2.

Here a write up about it....

All-weather tires carry the Transport Canada pictograph of mountain peaks containing several snowflakes. This logo indicates these tires pass the test as a “snow/winter” tire. The important difference is they can be left on the car all year round.

All-season tires do not carry this logo because they have not passed the winter test. All-season tires were originally meant to be able to cope with snow and ice, but their grip falls as fast as the Times Square ball on New Year’s Eve when temperatures drop.

Last edited:

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Unknown.jpeg There are reports that some of the tire manufactures have put on the snowflake on tires that have failed badly, so it also necessary to get third party testing to catch those misleading/dishonest brands. Look what Volkswagen did with the diesel cheat software. Because of this failure of honesty, there is talk to regulate by law. Life would be so simple and safer, if only CEO were honest. Sad state of affairs. eh?

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Okay, I decided to buy the KO2, booked with Costco for November 12, best price I found was there, complete, 4 tires, installed, taxes, etc is 1257.86. Everyone else in this area was over 1500.00 to 1600. Will let you know on first impression and how it behaves.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Okay, I decided to buy the KO2, booked with Costco for November 12, best price I found was there, complete, 4 tires, installed, taxes, etc is 1257.86. Everyone else in this area was over 1500.00 to 1600. Will let you know on first impression and how it behaves.

Looks like a good choice. Keep us updated!

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Okay, I just installed the BFG All Terrain KO2, haven't taken a trip on it, but the short trip home seems to indicate the tires very quiet. They sure look sturdier than the factory tires. Has more thread. It gives a nice look to the tire, has a tougher, custom look. Look more like a truck should with those tires.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Did an 80 km trip today. So far tires are great, as quiet as original. Can't sense anything negative. Will report back, when I hit some icy weather.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Icy weather arrived today. Lots of vehicles off the road, and/or can't climb the small hills. Very icy today, black ice in places. Especially on minor roads. Truck performed well with the KO2. It performs as well as the Toyo GSI 5 that I have on my 2014 Camry hybrid, dedicated winter tires. Very quiet tires...

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Icy weather arrived today. Lots of vehicles off the road, and/or can't climb the small hills. Very icy today, black ice in places. Especially on minor roads. Truck performed well with the KO2. It performs as well as the Toyo GSI 5 that I have on my 2014 Camry hybrid, dedicated winter tires. Very quiet tires...

Great to hear.. sounds like you'll have plenty of opportunities to test them more.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
All, I can say right now... Impressive tires... Don't sound like winter tires but works as good if not better than dedicated winter tires. Getting some more icy weather, real winter driving weather this week.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
We had some slippery days awhile back, lots of vehicle off the road. Never slip or spin tires. Can't get any better so far, unless you use spikes LOL. Happy with the KO2...