• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New cap!! Disappointed :(

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
just got home from Truck Outfitters. They installed a new Leer cap. I had been waiting for three weeks for this. For the most part I think it looks great.

Unfortunately there are a few issues. The paint job isn't all the great. It looks like the paint had water in it. There a a few bumps here and there.

I also saw 3 lines in the paint that almost look like cracks.?. A few other little imperfections as well. Truck outfitters was very nice about it. In fact they are allowing me to keep the cap on until after our move. Then it needs to be taken off and shipped back:(

To make things even worse. When I got home I checked the interior LED light. It and the brake light where never wired! After I called. They sent a tech out to finish the wiring.

Here are some picks. Do you guys think I'm being a little to picky? Or are these reasonable complaints?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 23

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Reasonable complaints. Those caps aren't cheap.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks guys. It's good to hear a little support. I don't want to make anyone's life more difficault by being "that guy". But at the price of these caps they really should be spotless.

The three lines in the paint are what really made it unacceptable to me. If it wasn't for that, I would have just accepted it. Hopefully it will come back in the condition I was expecting/hoping for.

a_Username

Jul 27, 2013
You are in the right when complaining... It should have never left their building in that shape. I'm sure they'll get it right this time!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
From a few feet away it looks great!

Really happy with the overall appearance. I think the next upgrade is going to be a set of 5100's to level out the front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 10

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
oh heck no man, Ive never been able to afford a brand new shell on any of my new trucks, and im a shell lover! I always have to find a "deal" on ksl, but even on my $250 shells ive never seen anything like that, and you probably paid $1700 for it? im sorry man, I was actually thinking of you this morning on my way back home wondering how your shell was working out.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
oh heck no man, Ive never been able to afford a brand new shell on any of my new trucks, and im a shell lover! I always have to find a "deal" on ksl, but even on my $250 shells ive never seen anything like that, and you probably paid $1700 for it? im sorry man, I was actually thinking of you this morning on my way back home wondering how your shell was working out.

Thanks, man. Yeah your very close, a tick over 1800 after taxes and install. Believe me I was completely shell shocked! Pun intended. Lol. At the price. I'm with you as far as new caps and new trucks. I have always went with tonnues in the past. Mostly because I knew caps were up there in price.

This truck as a whole (accessories included) was a kinda gift to myself. I've never bought any vehicle that was this expensive. All my other trucks have either been used or closer to the lower end models.

I felt like I was being a prick, or too picky at the time. But after showing it to a few people and you guys here. Consensus seems to be the same.

But hey sh_t happens. Right?Truck Outfitters is stepping up. Letting me keep it for 3 weeks then sending it back. I really want it on for our move. Plus it gets the dog out of that cab:).

The truck drives a little smoother with it on as well. Maybe the added weight helps keep the bed from bouncing a little.?.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes the added weight does really help. This is the first truck ive paid over $40k for, I actually am a work truck kind of guy, and that's what I really wanted and was asking for, but there were only two ecodiesels in Utah, and one was black and mine, I really loved the black ones interior, but I just said what the heck, im going to treat myself too, and this truck was getting all the attention, I mean it had crowds of people gathering around it, for two days solid, and there were 5 people actively trying to buy it, and they were all doing the paperwork, and I was a dick and I walked up to it, and said, I want this one, the salesman said, wanna test drive it? I said nope just write it up its mine. It was really cool to finally be in a position to do that, but ive been outbought my whole life, and it felt good to give back the same way, I was going to buy a sprinter van in 2010 and some guy did the same thing to me right after the test drive, I even had all the finance papers started,
But im keeping this truck for a long time so I wanted the best. I don't regret it.