• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New ECO Recall report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
Oh great, got the update on the emissions done yesterday. Now my past zippy diesel acts just like a non- turbo diesel. Flat spots on take offs, dropped two MPG on the indicator. Worst of all, the oil change light came on 3000+ miles earlier. Dealer's response "Oh we will have to call our district manager" to see what's going on. Cannot wait to pull my RV. Looks like a new truck in my near future. Not real happy about the warranty anyway. Back about 50k engine light comes on. Truck goes into safety mode. Take it to dealer. Needs an EGR valve. Nope dealer says oh no, not a warranty issue even if it is an emissions part. But its only $260.00 for valve. Today I ask about the topcoat turning loose on bumper. No not a warranty truck is only 2.5 years old but has 65K so paint not covered. Sure wish I hadn't spend so much on bed liners and step tubes. My wheels, 2016 Ram ECO Diesel

This is more than a performance issue, it is a safety issue.....you should file a complaint with the NHTSA at safercar.gov.

The more of us that push the issue rather than accepting it/ or spending more money to get the truck we paid for, the quicker someone will address it.

scott554

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Well now I don't feel bad or stupid thinking I had misjudged pulling out in traffic, Had my 2016 flashed 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been almost hit twice when I have turned hit the gas and it just doesn't go for 3-4 seconds but then goes like a bat out of hell. My mileage stayed the same as I just went on 2100 mile trip and got 27mpg non 4x4 not towing. Mileage is 32,000

Wil

Jun 17, 2019
Truck Year
I usually don’t rattle boxes, but I think the AEM recall is totally UNFAIR to EcoDiesel owners! There are too many having them same issue.....

I filed a complaint with safercar.gov (NHTSA) and got a follow up from Katiuska Arias
([email protected]).

The more EcoDiesel owners make the NHTSA aware by filing a complaint the more likely they will look further into this issue BEFORE someone gets killed.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
My 2014 RAM had the same issues related here on this thread. My wife's 2015 Grand Cherokee same issues but not to the same severity. My truck turbo lag was deadly, could not pull my driveway with the Hill Assist turned on, or off, when cold. When the engine got past the turbo lag it would smoke the tires, don't back off or you start all over again with turbo lag. The Wife's no issue. I gained about 2 mpg average and my wife lost about 2 mpg average. Solution! Installed programed ECM in my RAM within two weeks, NO issues, NO turbo lag, gained mpg in town and highway. Pulls my RV toy hauler like its not there, sorry no mileage increase there. Since FCA has to tune for Average as well as satisfy CARB I do not believe they will be able to respond until court settlement is completed. Any change would then need to be tested and verified, which this fix was but obviously missed something, before it could be disseminated to the masses. No quick fix insight. Solution! Tune. Take your check and Tune, put the rest in the bank.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Exactly my situation!, don't let off the throttle when the tires smoke! or you may end up at a dead standstill on a hill. EXACTLY. i got my check, but I really think the dealership should do something, they may when someone gets killed.

(2016 Ram 1500 4x4 Longhorn 6.4 bed, my 7th Ram since 1995)

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I usually don’t rattle boxes, but I think the AEM recall is totally UNFAIR to EcoDiesel owners! There are too many having them same issue.....

I filed a complaint with safercar.gov (NHTSA) and got a follow up from Katiuska Arias
([email protected]).

The more EcoDiesel owners make the NHTSA aware by filing a complaint the more likely they will look further into this issue BEFORE someone gets killed.
Excellent, I will make a report Right now, I paid 51K for this??

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
You should be writing 60 Minutes, 20/20, and the like. Nothing ever gets done until the public shaming that news outlets like that can deliver.

The unfortunate side effect is you will own a truck no one will buy.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Just made the NHTSA, Report, You are 100% correct, the Media needs to exploit this, Why should I have to pay 800 for a new ECM?
Does anyone here know of an eco-diesel accident yet? Maybe an insurance claim, or news snip-it about it?

Sean, [email protected]

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Just thinking, that once the news makes a big deal out of this,
Insurance companies may increase premiums or decide not to insure at all..

randy jacobs

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
Yes same thing. Flat lines and lost 8 mpg and no power. Now it uses twice the DEF too. Trans shifts out of 8 th gear all the time where never shifted before the recall. Have spent 200 dollars and contacted Dodge costumer service and they don't know how to fix it or when.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I heard if you let the truck warm up for a minute or two all is good again + the computer will learn your driving habits and you should see some improvement over time. The poor MPG is likely a result of the regen the dealer does after the aem. It should get back to normal soon. Let's hope for the best.

Wshaneb

Aug 6, 2019
Truck Year
Oh great, got the update on the emissions done yesterday. Now my past zippy diesel acts just like a non- turbo diesel. Flat spots on take offs, dropped two MPG on the indicator. Worst of all, the oil change light came on 3000+ miles earlier. Dealer's response "Oh we will have to call our district manager" to see what's going on. Cannot wait to pull my RV. Looks like a new truck in my near future. Not real happy about the warranty anyway. Back about 50k engine light comes on. Truck goes into safety mode. Take it to dealer. Needs an EGR valve. Nope dealer says oh no, not a warranty issue even if it is an emissions part. But its only $260.00 for valve. Today I ask about the topcoat turning loose on bumper. No not a warranty truck is only 2.5 years old but has 65K so paint not covered. Sure wish I hadn't spend so much on bed liners and step tubes. My wheels, 2016 Ram ECO Diesel
Ya you gotta love that oil change (code fix) . $200+ dollar oil change goes from 10,000 miles to 3,000 miles. They even put a window sticker (that I had to wait for them to get from another dealer) it said next oil change at 3,000 miles or 4 months. They put sticker in at code change. Oil had less than 1,000 on it. I guess synthetic oil is like milk now and has a shelf life....NOT! Just
another way to weed us out on warranties for non compliance. I don't know about you but I paid for a truck that was 10,000 between oil changes. We are getting hosed by FCA, the government, and the so called legal system! Since code fix my truck is nonresponsive and is not regening....I am waiting to experance more bad news....less than 400 miles since code change. Totally unacceptable.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Ya you gotta love that oil change (code fix) . $200+ dollar oil change goes from 10,000 miles to 3,000 miles. They even put a window sticker (that I had to wait for them to get from another dealer) it said next oil change at 3,000 miles or 4 months. They put sticker in at code change. Oil had less than 1,000 on it. I guess synthetic oil is like milk now and has a shelf life....NOT! Just
another way to weed us out on warranties for non compliance. I don't know about you but I paid for a truck that was 10,000 between oil changes. We are getting hosed by FCA, the government, and the so called legal system! Since code fix my truck is nonresponsive and is not regening....I am waiting to experance more bad news....less than 400 miles since code change. Totally unacceptable.
There has not been any revision to the oil change interval. It's still 10,000 miles unless you are using > 5% biodiesel.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I went off on the service manager today at Nyle Maxwell In Austin Tx. I found myself leaving a message and screaming about getting killed by this, Every time I drive which is a lot every day (I have 106K on it in 3 years) I'm constantly becoming more frustrated. THEY OWE US!!
This is TOTAL HORSESHIT! I need to be on record as having complained several times so that when I do get hit (and its when not if) I can Sue the pants off of them for not doing any thing. I told them they ruined my truck. Put the old ECM back in! or flash mine, or I may get killed, and my family. Im sick of this. Still waiting on a call back, I may just go drive it through the dealership window!
I would add that I have never seen this "regen alert" I keep hearing about, The only thing Ive had replaced is the EGR cooler, was leaking into the exhaust.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
U r complaining here complain to the national highway something or another

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
I filed a complaint with safecar.gov, and I know about GDE, ECUs, but on principal I shouldnt have to spend 800 to make the truck run properly. I love the truck, leather 4x4 etc.. but it was 50K and it should perform at least as well as it did when i bought it. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.