• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New ecodiesel owner from duramax Canyon

Joe Lee

Jan 16, 2017
Truck Year
New guy here.

I just traded my 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 Duramax in Friday (1/6/17) on a 2016 Laramie Longhorn CCSB 4x4 ecodiesel. I really loved the Canyon & have nothing bad to say about it but after owning full size trucks for years I just couldn't adjust to the mid-size. I've owned many 1/2, 3/4 & a few 1 ton trucks, diesel & gas. I'm 43 & tow a few things like my 23' center console boat & various utility trailers. I'm looking forward to participating on the forum.

I still have not taken any good pics of the Ram, here's a bad one.

cAgeALD.jpg

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Joe!

Interesting take on the Canyon. I had the same feelings after seeing them when they come out. I'm not sure I would like the smaller size truck after having full size trucks my entire life.

I still haven't driven one or sit in one though, so my opinion is pure speculation at this point.

Last edited:

Joe Lee

Jan 16, 2017
Truck Year
They are really nice midsize trucks, light years ahead of the old canyons & colorados but it's still a midsize truck.

I bought my Ram on a Friday & the next week the EPA suit came out! So, I've had my share of wondering if I should've traded. I haven't owned a Chrysler/Dodge truck since the late 80s. I did have a 2013 Wrangler JKU that I really liked but I couldn't tow my boat with it.

Anyway, I love the Ram so far just didn't really want to jump into the speculation & uncertainty of what will happen but that's how it goes sometimes.

Welcome Joe!

Interesting take on the Canyon. I had the same feelings after seeing them when they come out. I'm not sure I would handling the smaller size truck after having full size trucks my entire life.

I still haven't driven one or sit in one though, so my opinion is pure speculation at this point.

drosslander

Dec 4, 2016
Truck Year
Same for me Joe. Really liked the Canyon duramax but couldn't get use to the cramped offset seat. If I'm going to tow for a few hours the last thing I want to be is uncomfortable in my truck. Absolutely love the seats and driving position in my Longhorn Eco. Now if those tow mirrors would pull in electronically I'd have an easier time parking in my garage!:)

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Same for me Joe. Really liked the Canyon duramax but couldn't get use to the cramped offset seat. If I'm going to tow for a few hours the last thing I want to be is uncomfortable in my truck. Absolutely love the seats and driving position in my Longhorn Eco. Now if those tow mirrors would pull in electronically I'd have an easier time parking in my garage!:)

Welcome to the forum!

TX Dave

Feb 2, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
Joe I just joined myself, I currently own a 2001 Silverado Dmax that I love but am serious looking at going to the Ram. I'm intreged by the small Diesel but a bit worried about all the reports I see about it blowing up. I have had to put a motor in my 01 but at 330k I still have the original everything else including brake pads. I will probably wait for the 17 and see how much they will be discounted. All I can find of the 16's is black and texas summers don't like black.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Joe I just joined myself, I currently own a 2001 Silverado Dmax that I love but am serious looking at going to the Ram. I'm intreged by the small Diesel but a bit worried about all the reports I see about it blowing up. I have had to put a motor in my 01 but at 330k I still have the original everything else including brake pads. I will probably wait for the 17 and see how much they will be discounted. All I can find of the 16's is black and texas summers don't like black.

Welcome Dave.. I've had black, and never again. It's just to much work!