• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Ecodiesel Owner

Full delete and tune or warranty?

• Delete it!

• Keep the warranty!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Konviant

Nov 19, 2017
Truck Year
This is my first Ecodiesel and also my first diesel ever, so I don’t know too much about it. I put in a stealth module to give it some more get up but it’s not enough for my liking. I’m wondering if the benefits of a full delete and tune will outweigh my need for a warranty later on. Has anyone ran into any major mechanical issues with delete/tune or just in general? Does anyone know a rough guess of how much hp/torque is gained from delete/tune?

Attachments

• FEDE0114-5C67-4728-AF79-FCAF78336161.jpeg
    FEDE0114-5C67-4728-AF79-FCAF78336161.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 16

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Welcome! Out of curiosity, why did you purchase a diesel? You can get a tune that will push HP and torque up to and beyond its limits (overspeed your turbo). You can also add a turbo or upgrade your stock turbo, but it'd be cheaper to trade for a Hemi. To my knowledge deleting all the emissions won't yield much increase in HP and torque; you will need to research the various tunes that PPEI, Celtic, and GDE offer as well as research additional performance mods (turbo upgrade, emissions delete, etc). Good luck!

Konviant

Nov 19, 2017
Truck Year
Welcome! Out of curiosity, why did you purchase a diesel? You can get a tune that will push HP and torque up to and beyond its limits (overspeed your turbo). You can also add a turbo or upgrade your stock turbo, but it'd be cheaper to trade for a Hemi. To my knowledge deleting all the emissions won't yield much increase in HP and torque; you will need to research the various tunes that PPEI, Celtic, and GDE offer as well as research additional performance mods (turbo upgrade, emissions delete, etc). Good luck!
Purchased a diesel for fuel economy, I traded in my hemi for the Ecodiesel lol. Thanks, I’ve been researching PPEI and GDE, but this is the first time I’ve heard of Celtic. I’ll continue doing my homework lol.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Purchased a diesel for fuel economy, I traded in my hemi for the Ecodiesel lol. Thanks, I’ve been researching PPEI and GDE, but this is the first time I’ve heard of Celtic. I’ll continue doing my homework lol.
It's definitely more efficient! I would encourage you to stay away from tunes that could overspeed the turbo (high performance tunes) but I didn't buy mine to burn rubber. I have a GDE Hot Tune and love it! Keeps the engine cleaner by shutting off the EGR and eliminates turbo lag. You get a bump in HP and torque too.

jackson5

Jul 16, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's definitely more efficient! I would encourage you to stay away from tunes that could overspeed the turbo (high performance tunes) but I didn't buy mine to burn rubber. I have a GDE Hot Tune and love it! Keeps the engine cleaner by shutting off the EGR and eliminates turbo lag. You get a bump in HP and torque too.
did you remove the actual egr after tune? how's it been so far? I have a hemi but looking to trade for a ED. cummins to big and expensive for once in awhile towing.. thoughts anyone

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
did you remove the actual egr after tune? how's it been so far? I have a hemi but looking to trade for a ED. cummins to big and expensive for once in awhile towing.. thoughts anyone
I left the EGR in place. When my powertrain warranty is up I'll delete the EGR and related components. I'll do a full delete when something fails, like DPF. The tune has been great! Engine is much cleaner (as evidenced during oil changes) and responsiveness is still great. No issues or CELs and I'll hit 50k miles in the next month or two.