• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New ECU tuning feedback For Salt Lake City

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Ok so i want to start a poll, and get some feedback and input on custom ECM tuning options and price points youd be willing to pay for those options. There is a new player in the field here in salt lake city who will offer anything you want done to your ecodiesel. They are going through the main company who has been tuning more, and tuning longer than any other company youll see here in the usa for the ecodiesel. If you havnt guessed by now who they are, ive been supporting them the whole time. So the point is, this company isnt new, its not created by some dude in an alleyway, this is world wide testing and support.
These are the things that ive learned that i need done, So far i have not found someone to listen to me until now.
EGR deleted no codes = done
Active grille shutters code delete = done
CCV monitor codes deleted = done
Rad fan rampup speed mod = done
3 way valve delete/bypass = pending

Those are my biggest things i need fixed right now. Im happy with my power level now, but ill see what happens when i take my truck in.
Of course you all know you can get 3 different tuning options from celtic, you can delete your scr system, or whole system.
I am trying to promote without personal gain or benefit a partnership between Ghost Tuning and D&J diesel that could offer everyone personalized tuning and options based on real owners feedback. Everyone has their own needs and mods, so everyone is different.
Did you know, you can customize any option you want for half the cost of GDE? And celtic has been tuning more and longer than GDE?
Please chime in on what you want done, i will be the guinnea pig here and test the options on my own truck. Now to be clear all of these things have already been going on with other owners, but i want to try and create a package option that has lots of feedback instead of making everything alacart.
thanks shawn.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I think price point is the main draw to the product. If you can get dyno sheets to show the benefits of before/after and have hard data the customer can go off of that would be a huge selling point.

A lot of folks would feel better about spending ~600 than 1200.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I agree. I also think longevity of the motor takes precedence over power numbers to a lot of people as well. That, and the tune being undiscoverable by the average tech.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Im not going to be testing anything, the company doing the computer tuning is a celtic tuning retailer here, so celtic has more experience with more vehicles and more exotic vehicles than anyone else in the world. Thats the biggest reason im going to him,
http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/en/co...3-0-ecodiesel-240-bhp-2014/stage-1#t3-content
But he also is doing more than other people, he personally owns two ram ecodiesels and he customizes your ecu with more options that you want which i thought was cool, ive had zero responses everywhere again, so i really dont give a damn about it any more.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
ive had zero responses everywhere again, so i really dont give a damn about it any more.

A lot of people are still shy about voiding their warranty on a $40K (or $50K in some cases) truck..

I'm assuming he's tuned his EcoDiesel's. So he should have some good info for us as far as gains, MPG gains, etc.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Celtic having a 1 year warranty to back their product against any mechanical breakdowns is pretty enticing of course it only covers up to 10k where an engine can cost 30k that's disheartening but their product does seem to have top notch testing. I just still can't get a straight answer from anyone if I can run one of these tunes turn egr off and be able to smog my truck every other year....if not it's not worth the hassle.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Why did anyone buy an ECO diesel if you want to take the ECO out of it? Seems unconscionable to me.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Most of these tunes are not actually making them any less economical they are just loopholing around restrictive emissions equipment etc.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Why did anyone buy an ECO diesel if you want to take the ECO out of it? Seems unconscionable to me.
It's not a matter of taking the eco out of it it's eliminating harmful deposits in the engine and intake mainly because egr's and ccv's are well know to throw tons of oil and carbon and suet into your intake.

The tune is about keeping your engine clean happy and healthy. And hopefully getting an MPG bump at the same time to again offset initial tune costs with long term fuel savings

Last edited:

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
"I just still can't get a straight answer from anyone if I can run one of these tunes turn egr off and be able to smog my truck every other year."

If you can't pass emissions you are taking kind of "taking the eco" out of the ecodiesel.
That being said, I am following these tune threads with interest as I have done plenty of things to previous vehicles. It will be interesting to see which ones really work and have a real impact on the engine.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
The only thing I really want off is the EGR system. I'm not a fan of having exhaust gases among other things pre filtered running back through my intake. It creates a plethora of issues these engines are tight toleranced and precisely built I don't want soot and carbon running through there screwing everything up...the after treatments dpf/SCR can stay yes they can be finicky and annoying but overall they do not directly effect the engine.

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
Yes I would like to dump the EGR system, get the regen program on the dash panel, and better pick on the throttle.
Gaining a few MPG would always be we com too.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yes I would like to dump the EGR system, get the regen program on the dash panel, and better pick on the throttle.
Gaining a few MPG would always be we com too.
I definitely agree on the throttle part, it is definitely a little slow on the uptick. I only drive my truck about 11 miles a day round trip commute and i have been wondering when I might get the regen message. I am going skiing tomorrow so that should probably purge it out.
I stopped by the dealer the other day and they told me an oil change will be running about 160.00 but I did not really ask what that comes with. I know it is synthetic oil!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'll second that