• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New guy

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016
Hello All,

New to the forum and to ED. Purchased my first new truck this week. Loving it so far.

20160523_152710_zpsftcl9gzi.jpg

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome. Nice looking truck!

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016
Well I installed my old tool box as we were heading to camp with pup last Holiday weekend. So I figured the extra dry space would help (was going to wait to install until the bed liner came in). The tool box definitely needs a polish, been on way to many trucks to count now.

Before we left for Belfort, NY we stopped at the local Delta Sonic fuel station. I topped the tank off from just less than 1/2 and it took 14.383 gallons for a total of $32.20. ($2.23/GAL). Unfortunately I forgot to hit the trip odometer so I can't get a good hand calculated MPG number.

IMG_2490_zpsdyxbkzjf.jpg

IMG_2491_zps6x1nl8c8.jpg

IMG_2493_zps8apoceuk.jpg

One more picture of the pup waiting to go home from the weekend trip as we pack up.

IMG_2503_zpseqhmqgas.jpg

On the way up to camp I averaged 25 MPG according to the EVIC, on the way back I broke 26 MPG.

Well got the truck washed. Signed up for the unlimited monthly wash at Delta Sonic for $30 a month. Also filled up the truck with fuel from about 2/3's. Finally got my first hand-calculated tank! I'm very impressed. I drove 315.2 miles on 11.256 gallons, comes up to 28 MPG!

IMG_2508_zpsh4k7kx1w.jpg

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016
Packaged up my ScanGauge II for updating. I am honestly a bit puzzled as its only 6 months old at most and came with 4.13 software. Apparently you need 4.22 to run most of the EcoDiesel X-Codes.

But anywho I paid the $25 for updating. Guess it will take about 2-3 weeks. I am also going to try and see if they will pre-program the X-Codes for a 2015 EcoDiesel (Mine is a 2016, but i was worried they would say it doesn't work when i know it does). Not sure if they will do this part, but hey worth a try!

IMG_2510_zpskkku7a64.jpg

We made it to the dealer this past Saturday. Trail FX plastic bed liner installed. It unfortunately doesnt have the cut-outs for the OEM LED lighting, so I will need to cut holes in it. Of course it rained all day yesterday therefore couldn't get it done.

The tool box sits very tight resting on the plastic liner at the front of the wheel wells. It does still sit flush with the bed rails.

IMG_2515_zpsfs3lyrjm.jpg

This is where I need to do some cutting to get the LED light to come through. Currently the liner doesn't fit quite right.

IMG_2516_zpsjevouqwt.jpg

Fresh wash today. Going to be a miserable rainy cold week.

IMG_2518_zpswjdo8gg9.jpg

Been thinking about removing some of the badging on the front doors. Might remove the 1500, and leave the RAM. Might even remove it all and leave the EcoDiesel. Not sure yet, I really don't like everything clustered right there.

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016
Also my Dealer set aside another pair of mudflaps for the front. They said they don't install the fronts as they don't fit. My plan is to do some trimming if needed as I saw another Ram 1500 with them on all 4 corners in town.

I purchased the truck with a little under 100 miles on the odometer and it now has over 1,300 as of today.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I put on weather tech mud flaps when I got my truck and I'm happy with them. Great fit. Easy install. As long as you don't mind a hard molded flap

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016
I put on weather tech mud flaps when I got my truck and I'm happy with them. Great fit. Easy install. As long as you don't mind a hard molded flap

I actually had those exact flaps on my 2011 F150 and they look excellent installed. I do a lot of hunting so the truck will see corn fields, I ended up breaking one off my F150 due to a corn stalk. These from the dealer are more rubbery/flimsy, so I think I may give these a try, plus they are free! If i don't like them I will definitely go back to Weather Tech, they make excellent products.

Eventually the Ram will get a leveling kit installed too, want to get that front valence up a bit higher to clear the stalks too. I really don't want to do this though in sacrifice of MPG.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
There's some aftermarket rubber flaps out there too better than the dealer ones but badged for ram etc. I can't recall the brand but I had considered them because they had Laramie Longhorn badged flaps. Someone else around town has them on his hemi longhorn and they look nice. Better fit than the dealership ones but surely not free.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Screenshot_20160608-092456.png

DieselSlug

May 11, 2016
Ah yes Gatorback. I know those are very good brand. There is also another brand out there similar to Gatorback but I can't remember the name for the life of me. They are a little bit cheaper.