• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member from south Louisiana

Rodolan

Mar 19, 2016
Truck Year
Just found this forum and decided to give it a try. I belong to others but I enjoy reading about these eco-diesels. I just bought a new 16 Bighorn with eco. I traded in a 15 f150 with 2.7 eco. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome Rodolan, I myself am waiting on a 2016 w/Eco to be built. There's a lot of good info on here.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome. What are your thoughts on comparing the F150 to the EcoD?

Rodolan

Mar 19, 2016
Truck Year
Well I only had the F-150 six weeks and 2100 mi. It was a White Sport model with the 20" sport wheels, Exterior goes to Ford, Ram needs an update, Interior both nice like the floor shift in Ford but the Ram has more comfortable front seats, the rear seatroom in the Ford was huge lots of legroom. The U-connect seems to be an easier system to work. can't compare sound system because I have Alpine in Ram and stock in Ford so Ram wins that one hands down. The steerings are both electric now on both trucks with the Ford being really light at low speeds and firms up as you go faster, I like the feel of the Ram steering (although steering wheel is a little off center, need to have that checked) Overall like the Ram steering but the Ford does a better job in crosswinds. Power goes to Ford that little 2.7 was a rocket, but at my age the Ram is more than adequate. Fuel mileage is no comparison My Ram is 24.5-26 mpg. My Ford would avg. 17.5 and is why I got rid of it, I know other people with that same setup as mine and they get in the 20's my truck wouldn't and they couldn't find anything wrong so the numbers were right and I dumped it. Ride goes to Ram it's really smooth which I already knew it would be I've owned a 10 and 12 Ram. Overall put the eco-diesel and front interior of the Ram in the Ford and you would have a pretty darn good truck. Just my .02

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Good evaluation!

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Overall put the eco-diesel and front interior of the Ram in the Ford and you would have a pretty darn good truck.

AND the suspension. And for my .02, I think the Ram looks better, too.