• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member herr, Hello all I am Daniel and I own a 2018 Ram ECO diesel.

daniel.metzdorf

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
After about a year of owning my Ram I am now having to go through the Exhaust filter regen process once a week now. I've never heard of this process before. My truck is once again in the shop and they are trying to find the problem.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Do you get a lot of highway time, rather than city driving to allow the truck to perform a proper regen? Does it ever warn you, exhaust 80% FULL, etc?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If I had to take a swing at it, your egr has failed and it’s dumping coolant into the exhaust. Hopefully they fix it!

daniel.metzdorf

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
Welcome! Do you get a lot of highway time, rather than city driving to allow the truck to perform a proper regen? Does it ever warn you, exhaust 80% FULL, etc?
I don't drive alone. I live where I work. Every week it says to regen the exhaust.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
How do you Know Its in Active Regen?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I don't drive alone. I live where I work. Every week it says to regen the exhaust.
Get a Scan gauge 2, it will allow you to program PID's to monitor soot mass and regens. These trucks do a passive regen when the soot mass hits about 76 grams, mine tells me when it starts a regen, when it does start I just go for a little ride to allow it to complete, unfortunately the gauge won't show the soot mass dropping as it burns off, if it starts at 76 grams it will show 76 grams until it finishes, 9 grams is where it will stop. The parameters for each PID must be entered for each one that you want to add, I think there are 6 lines of code to put in.