• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new member in the cold clutches of canada

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
good day. 2016 eco is on order, due to be delivered around xmas. been a chevy truck owner all my life so it hurt a little to untie the bowtie but I'm hoping from what I read my choice is a good one. one question that I'm wondering if anyone knows is can you run colored or dyed diesel in these engines, the dealer is unsure and from ram I get ask your dealer so any ideas??

thanks

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
yup..first small diesel anyway. I know that the ford diesel had some issues with gumming injectors but was that because of the dye or because its ford crap lol

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
You just need to make sure the off road your putting in is ulsd. If it's lsd it will soot up and clog up your dpf super quick and contaminate the scr. Otherwise I havnt tried it myself nor do I know anyone who has. But as far as my experience t emissions system in the exhaust is super sensitive

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Make sure not to have your DEF tank completely full when you take delivery. Dealer should top off all fluids upon inspection; try to make sure you don't get that completely filled as it does freeze up your way and could cause issues.

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
Make sure not to have your DEF tank completely full when you take delivery. Dealer should top off all fluids upon inspection; try to make sure you don't get that completely filled as it does freeze up your way and could cause issues.
Thanks for the heads up. I thought they had a heater built in to avoid that or does it only work when the truck is running.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I think it only runs when the truck is on. The fuel filter heater does keep it from gelling though. But a 8gallon DEF tank would be too much to keep from freezing in my opinion.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It circulates coolant through the tank in addition to the 12v system when the truck is running which is the only way the system thaws in the winter. And also is why people with short commutes have issues with the DEF never getting thawed and causing issues with the trucks. It needs to get to temp, thaw the DEF, and be able to do a complete regen... or else..

Hence why people have noted issues in the winter with the trucks