• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

pjorlando

Mar 5, 2024
Truck Year
Hi, I'm a new member from New York, out on Long Island. Just bought a 2021 Ecodiesel from Ia dealer in Illinois. It has 57k on it and in very good shape. It was registered in SD, and taken in on trade at the dealership. BTW is a Buick/GMC dealership. This is my first Ecodiesel. I have owned Cummins powered Rams for many years, starting with a first gen and ending with a 4th gen 3500 DRW. No longer need the capacity of the bigger truck, so I got this one. It is the Limited Longhorn edition. Here in NY, we have OBD II emissions testing, my only issue is it failed this test with the catalyst and O2 sensor reading not ready. The shop said drive the truck. Put 600 miles on her and still failed. Shop then suggested taking it to the stealership to see if there was an upgrade or flash needed. Dealer told me to run in driveway for a significant amount of time, then drive it on the highway. They suggested this would fix the readiness situation. Any thoughts?
Patrick