• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New owner used truck

Brianzane

Jun 10, 2021
Truck Year
I have the 2017 1500 3.0 ecodiesel I bought to tow my TT. I hope I didn’t bite off more than I can chew. Is this a money hog as far as maintenance? I have never owned a diesel. Off the lot it showed a 391 range and 29 mpg or so. Today, 3 mos later it shows about 12 mpg and a range of about 290. I’m gentle on the throttle. It’s not a candidate for street races after all. What do y’all think?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Diesels in general aren't "money hogs". The only extra maintenance in general is around the fuel filter (most guys change those every 15-25K).

Newer modern diesels do have emissions issues to overcome sometimes. Sometimes you find a good healthy truck, and sometimes you do not.

Welcome to the site! We've got a lot of good reading around here.

Brianzane

Jun 10, 2021
Truck Year
Diesels in general aren't "money hogs". The only extra maintenance in general is around the fuel filter (most guys change those every 15-25K).

Newer modern diesels do have emissions issues to overcome sometimes. Sometimes you find a good healthy truck, and sometimes you do not.

Welcome to the site! We've got a lot of good reading around here.
Ty. Might I ask what the normal range per tank is? I don’t know if something is amiss or not.

Brianzane

Jun 10, 2021
Truck Year
Ok so my 12 mpg suddenly is something that should be checked, even though it hasn’t displayed any signs of something wrong? Which brand of fuel is best btw? I’ve been using Arco because it’s a mile away. But I use Shell on my motorcycle and it’s going fool.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Have you reset your fuel mileage In the evic? I know when I pull anything with mine it drops but if you never reset it then it’s your average since you have owned it

Brianzane

Jun 10, 2021
Truck Year
Have you reset your fuel mileage In the evic? I know when I pull anything with mine it drops but if you never reset it then it’s your average since you have owned it
No I haven’t. Where is it. In the menu?