• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New RAM Ecodiesel owner

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
0a1568d91184fd4783baccabf02ffa1f.jpg
Hi everyone. New RAM Ecodiesel QC 4X4 owner. Currently 6k no problems, love my truck. Should probably mention that I work for Cummins machining the blocks for the 6.7s. This is my 1st diesel. Wanted to support my job, but I didn't want to pay for more truck than I need. I don't feel like a traitor, seems we never sealed the deal of putting our diesel in the 1500. That being said, I am getting 550 miles per tank, and haven't second guessed my purchase. I am here to learn more on my Ecodiesel, and get the most out of my purchase.. and making friends ain't so bad either. I have put all but 27 miles on my truck, no problems. I purchased it sitting on the shipping trailer!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the site! Awesome job you have by the way.. The Cummins is great, but like you said sometimes it's hard to justify a 3/4ton truck and that big diesel.

Bruce

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome. Did you get a chance to test drive it before you bought it off the trailer?

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
Not that particular truck. I drove a V6, a hemi, and a light gray one with the Eco. I chose the Eco pkg, but not the truck on the lot. They had to do a search. Couldn't come up with anything with the pkg I wanted, exempt 3 trucks that were in transit. The dark grey, black, and cherry red. I chose the cherry red, in the pkg of the Grey truck I drove. I had to decide before seeing it, because we had to have the vin# for financing. I signed, they gave me rental until my truck came in. I picked it up 3 days later when it came in. This is the one I test drove. I also took it home to make sure it would go through my carport, to the garage out back.
5db9a29b85c16b5a977df7111fc92a59.jpg

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Hi everyone. New RAM Ecodiesel QC 4X4 owner. Currently 6k no problems, love my truck. Should probably mention that I work for Cummins machining the blocks for the 6.7s. This is my 1st diesel. Wanted to support my job, but I didn't want to pay for more truck than I need. I don't feel like a traitor, seems we never sealed the deal of putting our diesel in the 1500. That being said, I am getting 550 miles per tank, and haven't second guessed my purchase. I am here to learn more on my Ecodiesel, and get the most out of my purchase.. and making friends ain't so bad either. I have put all but 27 miles on my truck, no problems. I purchased it sitting on the shipping trailer!

So do they make you park in the back out of sight?...lol.

I'm sure Cummins will continue to do just fine. Heck they may have lost the Ram light duty truck but picked up Nissan and Toyota. Those two combined might come close to the sales numbers of the Ram 1500.?.

By the way. I really like that red. Nice choice!
Good to have you here!

Jun 1, 2015
Truck Year
So do they make you park in the back out of sight?...lol.

I'm sure Cummins will continue to do just fine. Heck they may have lost the Ram light duty truck but picked up Nissan and Toyota. Those two combined might come close to the sales numbers of the Ram 1500.?.

By the way. I really like that red. Nice choice!
Good to have you here!
Thx, it's good to be here. I just learned something new today about the truck, with the whole uconnect, remote starting my truck, and unlocking doors. Guess I have that to look into now.
It is the only one at work that I know off. 1st I had several questions about it by coworkers, now there is even some talk about me putting myself out of work. But they don't pay my bills. They say we'll you could've bought the nissan! And of we have Toyota, that is news to me? Anyways, the nearest nissan dealer is over 80 miles away. So they expect me to deal with warranty issues so far away? I don't think so. Toyota is another 40 minutes away. I got my truck in town, with one of the leading dealers in the area, and they have an automatic car wash that they give me a free wash every week. I have been known to sneak 2! ;) Love my truck, and enjoying this forum.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
I know Toyota isn't official yet but according to some insiders that work closely with Mike Sweers (think that's his name) it's a done deal.

Toyota owns Hino. A very large diesel manufacturer so it's possible they could still use the 4.5 liter Hino diesel in the euro market Land cruiser. I've also read that they will match whatever diesel with the Lexus LS 8 speed transmission. These are all off the shelf parts so it would make sense. But I digress.

Free car washes are a definite plus!

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014

Looks great. I like the color!