• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New tires

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
For your review, went with Pathfinder Sport A/T in stock size on my stock rims, for those of us who are still suffering from sticker shock from purchase of vehicle. $785.75 out the door, Saturday, from Discount tire, road hazard, lifetime rotation and balance, 60K mileage warranty. Tire is made by KUMHO with tri-polymer compound with severe service weather Snow Flake. My truck only had 20K miles on it when purchased but it had been towed behind a motorcoach, still has tow hitch pivots and cables with trailer light plug in on bumper, so the OEM tires only had 3/32's of tread. Have about 300 miles on the new tiresTruck tires 3 10-9-16.JPG Truck tires 2 10-9-16.JPG Truck tires 1 10-9-16.JPG now and they are quite on the highway. Oklahoma's monsoon season is soon to be upon us so I will experience wet traction soon. Our winter normally includes a couple of ice, snow,thaw cycles interrupted by 70 degree weather until the next cycle. We do all road work not counting our gravel driveway. That is a 240' off road joke? My wife won't let me drive it to the back 10 acres to cut firewood.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Over the weekend some highway vibration became evident. Back to tire store this morning for re-balance, all tires have some variance. Today all highway, smooth, quiet, but sensitive to any and all roadway impurities, and in OK those are legion. Good corner grip. No wet driving yet.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
Over the weekend some highway vibration became evident. Back to tire store this morning for re-balance, all tires have some variance. Today all highway, smooth, quiet, but sensitive to any and all roadway impurities, and in OK those are legion. Good corner grip. No wet driving yet.

Good to hear. i feel like a lot of tire shops never balance tires right the first time. it seems like I always have to go back :mad:

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Three days of light to moderate rain without a complaint. Although without that raining cats & dogs thunderstorm wet traction is still a partial unknown.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
OK 3K miles later the tires got smoother over the small bumps, creases, joints, etc. A couple of downpours and the wet traction is stellar. Ride is good enough that my daughter put the same tires on her KIA Sorento this week. Since I put on the new tires I added K&N air filter and flash program for 5w-40 oil and the winter formula diesel for a total loss of 3 mpg. I can still live with 22 to 23 mpg average.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Nice to know that they perform well. How's their performance off the road?
Sorry this vehicle will probably only see snow and ice usage and our gravel driveway. I do plan on putting the same tires on my 95 Chevy Z71 which does see some off-road, but that may be a month or two down the road, so sorry I can't make an evaluation at this time. KUMHO makes the tire and its website rates it good to average for sand to rock and mud.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Final update. Tires came off today. Awesome in the rain, quiet on the highway, good ride quality, got in the mud once got stuck and unstuck. Tow light. Mileage is the only draw back, got around 38K when the wear bars were exposed, about a year and three months. Discount Tire did me a solid rebated the difference to the 60K warranty. Since 95% of my driving ended up highway I went with a Cooper Discovery HT+ hoping to get more mileage.
As I stated earlier we put these same tires on my daughters KIA Sorento and she still has over 75% tread left, I think the vehicle weight difference may be playing in.