• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to ED and looking for service help

mikeh67

Jun 22, 2021
Truck Year
Hi,

I just purchased a used 2016 Ram Ecodiesel with about 85,000 miles and as my luck would have it not even a 1000 miles later I’m getting check engine codes and the “Service Electronic Throttle Control” message. The codes I can read are P2453, P2455, P242B and P0299.

I don’t really know enough about the ecodiesel (familiar with farm tractor diesels and older truck diesels) to just start turning wrenches and I’m researching and reading as much as I can, I however also need this truck to work so can’t spend weeks coming up to speed.

With that said I’m looking forward to learning about this engine in this forum.

In the meantime does anyone know a good service station / diesel mechanic or even a GOOD RAM dealer in the south east Maryland area that can help me out. Too many stories about dealers just replacing parts for $1000s and not fixing the problem.

Thanks,

Mike

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome!
Your codes seem to have no real rhyme or reason, a few relate to the exhaust, one to the turbo and one to the fuel pressure. I’d start by just checking over all your electrical connections, every ground connection, check over your exhaust joints, particularly the 3 bolt flange under the passenger side floor board.

mikeh67

Jun 22, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks,
Will definitely start there. Did find one “interesting” thing with wire harness (attached photo). Like I said I’ve only owned this truck for a few days. Hope I didn’t buy a truck that every time I try to fix something my first reaction is “what was the previous owner thinking when they did that”. :)
8BCD7849-DCD4-496A-A332-AF096E661848.jpeg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If it wasn’t pouring down rain I would shoot a pic of under my truck, but I’m 120% sure that’s not an oem wiring job. That plug is notorious for connection issues. Maybe some disassembly and lube with dielectric grease would help!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks,
Will definitely start there. Did find one “interesting” thing with wire harness (attached photo). Like I said I’ve only owned this truck for a few days. Hope I didn’t buy a truck that every time I try to fix something my first reaction is “what was the previous owner thinking when they did that”. :)
View attachment 3444

That's a bit scary :(