• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to Ram!

Lucky_twin

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Hello everyone

This will be my first Ram Product ever. Always been a die hard Ford fan. However after 3 Eco-boost disappointments I figured I would try for a Ram dissapointment. I pick up my 2016 Big Horn tomorrow. I have to be honest after reading all horror stories of failed eco diesels I'm concerned, but fingers crossed it'll be a great truck.
Looking forward to learning and sharing in the site

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome to the Ram side! 9/10 you won't have a problem with your EcoDiesel.. We don't often get the good stories here, just the bad ones.
Enjoy and ask any questions you may have.

Lucky_twin

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
I assumed the trucks are not as bad as portrayed on the forums... I'm really looking forward to the rig.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I assumed the trucks are not as bad as portrayed on the forums... I'm really looking forward to the rig.
Some of the Chrysler service and just associated time with any Repair process really adds fuel to the fire of anyone's complaints in a forum. There are thousands and thousands of ecodiesel's out there now and we dwell on the negativity of the 20 that are spread across the forums that they're all subject to car crushers. But many are happy customers.

You came from the ecoboost world, you're going to be amazed at the mileage! You can actually see the epa MPG numbers if you want to. And touching that pedal, driving 80, fighting a headwind? Towing a trailer? All those days a look down and see my instant MPG at 16MPG I cry a little because I'm not at 24-29. Then I realize any gas truck is happy to actually see that driving 60-70MPH down the highway now.

That being said it's a SMALL diesel in a big truck, so expect it to drive as such. It's not a 400hp hemi and it's not a twin Turbo ecoboost. It's a totally different beast and it enjoys a relaxed nature of driving. Let the engine work without making it scream, let the transmission run through the gears, and chug along. But you're not in a race car.

Lucky_twin

May 15, 2016
Truck Year
Ya it's hard to find a truck that will pull like the Eco-boost, but they had there own associated issues. I bought this truck to get the best of both worlds, a truck with decent fuel milage. If I want to go fast I'll drive the wife's Tarus SHO:)