• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to site, just bought a new 2016 Tradesman 4x4

SpeedReeser516

Oct 23, 2016
Truck Year
Hi everyone, we currently have a 2013 VW sportwagen TDI, that is going back to VW soon. Since we now live in CO we wanted something AWD/4WD and decided on this truck since it gets decent fuel mileage for a truck. Glad there is a place to learn about the truck and ask questions if needed.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Absolutely a fair decision. As long as you have room for a full size truck at home this ram ecodiesel is a winning combination. Fuel mileage comparable to nearly any midsize v6 sedan but truck capabilities, clearance, and visibility. It's a great combination for those that have always wanted a full size truck but never been willing to chew on that 13MPG average figure that's burned into their existence.

I've come to the point that I don't milk mpg as much as I Used to. But considering I just jump in and drive it as necessary, albeit sometimes higher speeds than necessary I get a pretty solid 22MPG hand calculated figure. Mixed driving. 75MPH highway, wind, etc.. doesn't really matter much. If I want to get 28-30 I just drive 60-63 and it gets the job done.

SpeedReeser516

Oct 23, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I'll miss the 40+ mpg from the TDI (35 towing 5x8 trailer at 75), but VW screwed up so we had to find something else. I think we'll be happy with this truck, I know the wife will be since she has always wanted a truck. Time to start learning/figuring out what maintenance I can do myself. I'm sure I can change the oil and rotate the tires the rest I'll have to see, should be easy to get under though with the air suspension.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I'll miss the 40+ mpg from the TDI (35 towing 5x8 trailer at 75), but VW screwed up so we had to find something else. I think we'll be happy with this truck, I know the wife will be since she has always wanted a truck. Time to start learning/figuring out what maintenance I can do myself. I'm sure I can change the oil and rotate the tires the rest I'll have to see, should be easy to get under though with the air suspension.
Oil change, fuel Filters, differentials, it's all very easy maintenance. Transfer case is a little tricky and the transmission is sensitive. And expensive. But supposed to be one of those lifetime deals aside from verifying fluid levels.

flying7

Jul 15, 2014
Truck Year
I found just reading here helps a lot to learn about the truck and save me more money. I figured out the dealer is most of the time just a ripoff.

SpeedReeser516

Oct 23, 2016
Truck Year
Oil change, fuel Filters, differentials, it's all very easy maintenance. Transfer case is a little tricky and the transmission is sensitive. And expensive. But supposed to be one of those lifetime deals aside from verifying fluid levels.
Good to hear, I don't really trust the lifetime stuff on anything with fluid, but I'm guessing people will figure out how to change it (probably not cheap) if they haven't already. Anything else I've ever had that had lifetime anything I found out that lifetime to the car company meant 100K.