• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to site

Skimurse

Feb 19, 2018
Truck Year
Hello,
New to the site, and thanks to a little fire in Northern California and Dodge heavily discounting the 2017 eco diesels I am now a proud owner. After having mine for a week I have big plans for it and already have a Tonneau cover on the way.
I am looking to level it out and change the factory wheels and tires. I will be going with 18/9 wheels and 285/65/r18 BFG KO2s. My big question is on the leveling. 4wd parts is recommending to replace the struts so there isn’t issues with the ball joint. They use their brand pro comp and I’m not sure if this is entirely correct. Any feedback?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello,
New to the site, and thanks to a little fire in Northern California and Dodge heavily discounting the 2017 eco diesels I am now a proud owner. After having mine for a week I have big plans for it and already have a Tonneau cover on the way.
I am looking to level it out and change the factory wheels and tires. I will be going with 18/9 wheels and 285/65/r18 BFG KO2s. My big question is on the leveling. 4wd parts is recommending to replace the struts so there isn’t issues with the ball joint. They use their brand pro comp and I’m not sure if this is entirely correct. Any feedback?

Welcome! As far as leveling kits, I don't have one so I can't give you much help around that.. but we have members here that I'm sure will chime in.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I stayed with the same size tires and went with the adjustable Bilstein 5100s and OEM UCAs to level out the front. Used the 2nd to highest notch for the setting and it’s close to level, maybe 1/2”-3/4” rake which is what I wanted. I’m not sure how that correlates with your tire size tho.

I would go with new UCAs if you plan on a lot of trailblazing or lifting the front higher then what the stock rear end is from the factory. Mevotech makes good priced replacements. Check out IDParts.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
So 4wd Parts is advising replacing struts over a spacer to achieve a level stance? I’d go with that logic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skimurse

Feb 19, 2018
Truck Year
Naw, 4wd is advising me to use the spacers and the struts...
Almost all the leveling systems are stating that’s its ok to just use their spacers to achieve a level stance. No where is it mentioned to change out the struts as well. Thus my confusion.....