• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the ecodiesel!

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Its work for just about everything, it fast, durable. The range is well over 100FT, I sit in My office and mange options when the vehicle(s) is/are outside in the driveway.

O personnel note, I don't buy cheap stuff on Ebay Period! unless its a lamp or a spoon, the only exemptions are Name brand Item (OEM) linked to positive sellers.

mad murdock

Sep 5, 2021
Truck Year
thanks for the direction! Long story short, it is for my brother, he has a ‘16 ram 1500 eco. He had the dreaded setc message, and also had a few different codes involving under boost, and turbo issues, he drove it in limp mode from central SAN Joaquin valley to NW Oregon where I am. I was able to fix it by cleaning EGR tube, EGR temp sensor, MAP sensor, MAF sensor, did stationary regen a couple, different times in between, got codes to stop popping up, and now he has gone nearly 350 miles on his way back to work, and still A ok! I told him that at 109k miles and GDE tune(which he has had since he bought it practically new), he needs to have some sort of way to deal with P codes and service messages himself, otherwise it is going to potentially cost an arm and a leg. All is good now. I had a friend who has an auto shop, who lent me his Autel Maxisys tool, and I was able to do all the necessary computer work with that.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Its work for just about everything, it fast, durable. The range is well over 100FT, I sit in My office and mange options when the vehicle(s) is/are outside in the driveway.

O personnel note, I don't buy cheap stuff on Ebay Period! unless its a lamp or a spoon, the only exemptions are Name brand Item (OEM) linked to positive sellers.
The range is due to it using wifi instead of bluetooth, the wifi adapters also have a faster read speed than bluetooth but they use a lot more power by comparison as well. When I bought my ELM clone 7-8 years ago other clones and copycats like obdlink werent even in business yet. ELM is the actual OEM manufacturer and inventor of these devices although they are closing down.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I used BT....when using WiFi. Its even better.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I used BT....when using WiFi. Its even better.
Yeah I've been reading that. But also that leaving the wifi versions plugged in drains more battery while the vehicles not running. Not an issue for most people im sure but something to be aware if if the vehicle sits for periods of time.