• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the forum

JWalkowiak

May 13, 2023
Truck Year
Hi All, my name is Joe. I hail from northwest Ohio and have a 2017 bighorn ecodiesel. 106k miles on the clock and I love this truck. Looking for some help with some questions I have regarding repairs for mine

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Hi All, my name is Joe. I hail from northwest Ohio and have a 2017 bighorn ecodiesel. 106k miles on the clock and I love this truck. Looking for some help with some questions I have regarding repairs for mine
What are your questions?

JWalkowiak

May 13, 2023
Truck Year
What are your questions?
So I had my CEL come on the other day. Plugged my code reader in and got P2D2E and P200A/B. Emissions problems woohoo! I have had the recall done for the cooler. So my questions are. I’m going to take the egr tube off and clean it and cross my fingers and hope that clears it. If not I know I’m headed towards ”the delete” stages of life. My question is. If I do the delete is that going to fix my problems with them codes? Or do I need to replace the intake because of soot buildup before I do the delete?

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Well, I have pulled the tube out several times. It does build up a carbon layer on the walls quickly. I pulled the map sensor at the same time and clean it too. It really gets clogged up. Takes a T40 and 5 minutes. Unless it is completely clogged, I doubt it would clear a code, but anything is possible. You can see the junk on the walls of the intake when you remove the tube. I have sprayed my inside down with a throttle/carb cleaner. Then put the air hose in it until it was dry then blew it out for a while. A LOT of junk flies back out the hole when the blower is on full blast. However, if you do complete the delete, I personally would invest the money in a new intake, or have a shop put it in the parts washer. It will look like a new one and probably save you a good deal of money. I have been speaking to a shop in Canada. They can send delete kits here, but you have to send them the DCM to flash. They told me if I have any codes, clear them then send the unit. Once they flash the ECM and you install the delete, you will not see any more emission codes. I am very close to ordering it. My warranty is almost up. I see you are in Ohio. Don't they have state inspections? If they do, you will not pass with a delete.

JWalkowiak

May 13, 2023
Truck Year
Well, I have pulled the tube out several times. It does build up a carbon layer on the walls quickly. I pulled the map sensor at the same time and clean it too. It really gets clogged up. Takes a T40 and 5 minutes. Unless it is completely clogged, I doubt it would clear a code, but anything is possible. You can see the junk on the walls of the intake when you remove the tube. I have sprayed my inside down with a throttle/carb cleaner. Then put the air hose in it until it was dry then blew it out for a while. A LOT of junk flies back out the hole when the blower is on full blast. However, if you do complete the delete, I personally would invest the money in a new intake, or have a shop put it in the parts washer. It will look like a new one and probably save you a good deal of money. I have been speaking to a shop in Canada. They can send delete kits here, but you have to send them the DCM to flash. They told me if I have any codes, clear them then send the unit. Once they flash the ECM and you install the delete, you will not see any more emission codes. I am very close to ordering it. My warranty is almost up. I see you are in Ohio. Don't they have state inspections? If they do, you will not pass with a delete.
Ohio does not have state inspections Thankfully. My other question Was I planned on putting the mbrp 3.5” exhaust on my truck. but I asked mbrp and they were not sure if the single exit kit would work on my truck since it has the factory duals

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Ohio does not have state inspections Thankfully. My other question Was I planned on putting the mbrp 3.5” exhaust on my truck. but I asked mbrp and they were not sure if the single exit kit would work on my truck since it has the factory duals
If your truck is set up factory like mine. It is a single exhaust with a y pipe behind the muffler. I'm not sure about mbrp products or larger pipes. Sorry I could not help further.