• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to this site.

William Moore

Oct 25, 2023
Truck Year
I bought my 2015 Ram EcoDiesel in Idaho in 2018 with 31k miles on it. It was a Lease Trade-in. Now my truck has 63k miles and I just love it. I have been watching videos of other EcoDiesel owners working on their trucks and agree with them on the design flaws of this engine. I haven’t had any issues with my Truck yet but would like to gather more information on how to maintain my truck. I bought an extended warranty from a Local Ram Dealer in 2018 just in case. Is it possible to change a few things on the EcoDiesel engine to offset the inevitable black sludge caused by the EGR without voiding the warranty?

plags

Sep 12, 2023
Truck Year
I bought my 2015 Ram EcoDiesel in Idaho in 2018 with 31k miles on it. It was a Lease Trade-in. Now my truck has 63k miles and I just love it. I have been watching videos of other EcoDiesel owners working on their trucks and agree with them on the design flaws of this engine. I haven’t had any issues with my Truck yet but would like to gather more information on how to maintain my truck. I bought an extended warranty from a Local Ram Dealer in 2018 just in case. Is it possible to change a few things on the EcoDiesel engine to offset the inevitable black sludge caused by the EGR without voiding the warranty?
My experience has been poor. Bought a brand new 2017. At 81k the engine seized. 20 days out of warranty. I paid for new engine 14k. Then at 87k same thing shit the bed. Thank god this one’s covered in full. So I plan on running this till about end of new warranty then selling it. Don’t get me wrong I love my ram but it’s ecodiesel is not reliable

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well I bought my 2015 brand new and it has been a fantastic truck. Most people who are in one for the long haul would tell you to consider a quality tune that will likely increase longevity.
There are numerous tunes available but the GDE EPA compliant tune is well regarded and the EOC tune from Canada that is not EPA compliant. Most of these modifications allow you to easily return the truck to its original tuning before you take it in for service or warranty work.
I thought my 2015 ecodiesel was low mileage with 71,000 miles but you have less than me!
I have had the 3 way coolant valve fail a number of years ago.... (covered under warranty) and also had the tone ring and crankshaft positioning sensor replaced on my own dime when that warranty expired.
Still waiting on the HPFP recall.