• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie Ram owner

hogfly99

Jul 13, 2023
Truck Year
Sold my 2011 F350 King Ranch to get my one owner- 2016 - eco 1500 -91k limited- spent over a week at the dealership getting the recalls updated to include a new intake manafold- erg cooler- and crankshaft correction- the previous owner lived 75 miles away from the dealer and did not keep up with recalls-

I spoke to the shop the previous owner used and the owner exclusively used Schaffer oil with oil changes at 8k.

After the recall work, I did note a 5 mpg gain after the manifold change-

After listening and reading here-., I am using hotshot at each fill up.. changing oil (shell T6 - recommended by the dealership)-(mopar only oil and fuel filter) at 7k and exercising the eco with 50 mph runs for 30 to 40 min three times a week-

My main reason in getting this truck was for the air ride suspension., my f350 was a rough ride for my wife- the air ride is amazing-

I bought this from a chev dealership so I am changing the oil and fuel filter this weekend to make sure I know what she is running- and to create a baseline.

Since this is an eco, I did purchase a 5 year 60k mile bumper to bumper ., 0 deductible extended warranty-

Love the truck !!

I am learning boat loads of info here- thank you to all the contributors!!’

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome. You are doing all the right things. Enjoy your Eco

Francesco

Nov 2, 2023
Truck Year
Sold my 2011 F350 King Ranch to get my one owner- 2016 - eco 1500 -91k limited- spent over a week at the dealership getting the recalls updated to include a new intake manafold- erg cooler- and crankshaft correction- the previous owner lived 75 miles away from the dealer and did not keep up with recalls-

I spoke to the shop the previous owner used and the owner exclusively used Schaffer oil with oil changes at 8k.

After the recall work, I did note a 5 mpg gain after the manifold change-

After listening and reading here-., I am using hotshot at each fill up.. changing oil (shell T6 - recommended by the dealership)-(mopar only oil and fuel filter) at 7k and exercising the eco with 50 mph runs for 30 to 40 min three times a week-

My main reason in getting this truck was for the air ride suspension., my f350 was a rough ride for my wife- the air ride is amazing-

I bought this from a chev dealership so I am changing the oil and fuel filter this weekend to make sure I know what she is running- and to create a baseline.

Since this is an eco, I did purchase a 5 year 60k mile bumper to bumper ., 0 deductible extended warranty-

Love the truck !!

I am learning boat loads of info here- thank you to all the contributors!!’
What is hotshot? Never heard of that before and what is it supposed to do?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year