• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Not a diesel owner yet

Byron

Aug 31, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I am new to the diesel world. I have had a gasoline truck for over 10 yrs but it was getting old and needing lots of work. I got a small suv but miss having a truck.
Was thinking of buying a 2014 eco diesel SLT Big Horn. I am in Canada so just wondering how many KM on a tank of gas and how many litres to fill? Also anything I should know much different then gas engine beside the additives. How’s winter starts? Any help/advice for a newbie would be appreciated.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would simply wait, to much unknowns and turmoil surrounding the 3.0.

Who knows what power plant will be in the 2019, Plus the outcome of the EPA lawsuit.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year

Who knows what power plant will be in the 2019, Plus the outcome of the EPA lawsuit.

It well be the same power plant we have now just with updates like a bigger turbo, different glow plugs, more power, etc. All the bs lawsuit well lead to is a software updates for 2014-2016 trucks.

Byron

Aug 31, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed

I would not be able to afford new. That’s why I am looking at used one.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It well be the same power plant we have now just with updates like a bigger turbo, different glow plugs, more power, etc. All the bs lawsuit well lead to is a software updates for 2014-2016 trucks.

Obliviously you have never investigated the EPA passed precedence in such matters, Company have paid Billions in fines and buy backs, Cummins, Cat, others had to paid 100 of Millions in fines back in 2008-10 for just allowing devices to be turn off in the software.. the OEM OP was COC compliant.

BS lawsuit just indicates how uninformed You are, and putting faith into Your guessing IMO would not be advisable.

So Brokedownbutgood what sources do you have to confirm your guessing?

3.0 Will never survive in current platform, it will need complete change over and that will include Cento Upgrades costing 100s of millions FCA just does not have at current.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Obliviously you have never investigated the EPA passed precedence in such matters, Company have paid Billions in fines and buy backs, Cummins, Cat, others had to paid 100 of Millions in fines back in 2008-10 for just allowing devices to be turn off in the software.. the OEM OP was COC compliant.

BS lawsuit just indicates how uninformed You are, and putting faith into Your guessing IMO would not be advisable.

So Brokedownbutgood what sources do you have to confirm your guessing?

3.0 Will never survive in current platform, it will need complete change over and that will include Cento Upgrades costing 100s of millions FCA just does not have at current.

Just more lies and speculation it’s already been announced exactly what power train there going to use and when production should start. Its also going into the jeep wrangler as well.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I would not be able to afford new. That’s why I am looking at used one.

Then wait, is it that important right now?, that being said if I understood the risks and the deal was a stealer, Maybe.

I little tip 1500diesel.com has some good members and some real shocking cheerleaders. I would disregard the cheerleaders info, and don't believe that ED is error free...It seems to do well in HWY use, its the DD that sucks up your wallet in repairs... and remember it over overseas built ,it will be extremely costly in many repairs.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Just more lies and speculation it’s already been announced exactly what power train there going to use and when production should start. Its also going into the jeep wrangler as well.

Announce by WHO?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year

Lies LMBO, I forecasted the fade years in advance, You should search the achieves On what I stated in 2015 how the 3.0 would be in trouble with the EPA, The lube necessary to make this power plant survive 1.5 years before FCA agreed with Me, I also have 1169 pages of inner FCA communications on the 3.0 short comings that I leaked (ONLY ) out the engine failure rate months before they became public.

I believe the DOJ must have the same Info I have and its pretty darn revealing on FCAs part, it has info dating back to 2013.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Lies LMBO, I forecasted the fade years in advance, You should search the achieves On what I stated in 2015 how the 3.0 would be in trouble with the EPA, The lube necessary to make this power plant survive 1.5 years before FCA agreed with Me, I also have 1169 pages of inner FCA communications on the 3.0 short comings that I leaked (ONLY ) out the engine failure rate months before they became public.

I believe the DOJ must have the same Info I have and its pretty darn revealing on FCAs part, it has info dating back to 2013.

I’ve read the claims you’ve made in the past and still strongly disagree with them.

Byron

Aug 31, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed

Do you own a eco diesel? Strange that this is a eco diesel forum but you don’t seem to like them.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Do you own a eco diesel? Strange that this is a eco diesel forum but you don’t seem to like them.

Yes....I own one.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I’ve read the claims you’ve made in the past and still strongly disagree with them.

I recognize your opinion on the matter, but maybe you should spend more time doing research.

Considering the compliant filed in the Eastern District Of Michigan as just BS may have some impact on your lack of understanding.

As Business owner (myself) its not considered very professional to ignore legal complaints that are filed that could cost billions in Fines, each vehicle carries a Max penalty of over $43.000.00+ for each COC violation, that spell billions for 104,000 occurrences

https://www.epa.gov/fca/announcements-fca-violations

https://www.epa.gov/sites/productio...ents/2017-05-23_fca_us_complaint_as_filed.pdf

For anyone contemplating ownership, on these alleged charges may not be aware of the short comings of the 3.0 both legally and mechanically.

I'm Still waiting on some confirmed sources supporting your views/opinion other then you disagree with anyone that don't agree with Brokedownbutgood

Their was a rumor that the DOJ forwarded an offer to correct the problem , but the civil fine was so high it would have been cheaper to buy them all back, change the OP to COC and re-sell, So FCA did not even consider the offer or countered the offer VIA respond.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
By fca built you should know that

I would link to see the official announcement By FCA on this, to My knowledge it has not been officially announce.

I have read some claims that changes are coming but , I could Not confirm them VIA reliable sources.

Brokendownbutgood, I wanted this platform to be a winner and still do, I make $$$$ in profits when FCA is successful.

I just don't see it happening with current short comings, couple that with GM and Ford entering the market with possible success just means FCA will have to provide a better more reliable power plant to the pavement, or many owners will try the New FORD/GM just to see what happens .

If these power plant leave the gate as hero's it will spell doom for the current VM 3.0.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It get's great mileage, has power for its size. the truck trans combination is awesome, I have 2015 With 42K miles 3.92 Laramie Air ride with every option you could buy except Ram Box and Bed liner.

Its had some issues, lately its in and out. My OAs show a very strong rotating mass.

I've had calls form owners with 3rd Motor..

It seems that many claim the internet is all the doom and gloom reports, but My phone tells Me it way worst and it was confirmed in the flash Drive that mysteriously showed up in My mail Box Dec 17.

I believe the 3.0 is a honorable Hwy engine if you get a Hero build. lately , Higher DD mileage 3.0 are failing form melted intake.

It would have been a lot more time saving and convenient for Me NOT to reply to your thread. But I just want those contemplating ownership may need to look into more so they can make informed decisions and weight the risk in ownership.

Arkie 16

Apr 3, 2018
Truck Year
Stop the war I have a two year old daily driver that only has 8,500 miles on it. never coded. Gee I change the oil once a year and check under the hood maybe once a month unless I forget. If short trips are so bad for it mine would be dead for sure.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Stop the war I have a two year old daily driver that only has 8,500 miles on it. never coded. Gee I change the oil once a year and check under the hood maybe once a month unless I forget. If short trips are so bad for it mine would be dead for sure.

At 8500 Miles... Make that at 36K miles DD short trips and report back or even 50k miles.

8500 miles is not the scale I would use to determine if hero zero status. I'm glad its been trouble free and Hope it stays that way.

I have no idea what war your talking about.