• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Change Documentation

HankED

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I've always been one to change my own oil. I cant stand the idea of paying 2X+ the amount to have someone else potentially mess up the job.
Recently, however, and especially with diesel trucks (where proper maintenance means everything), I've been wondering how much it's worth to have the oil change officially documented like it is when the dealership performs and registers the job. I saw every oil change my used EcoDiesel has ever had on the CarFax before I purchased it, and i took a lot of comfort in that. Keeping up with that proper documentation could amount to thousands in negotiating my future trade-in value or a sale. No?
Does anyone know how to register or officially document oil changes/maintenance performed personally?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Good point. I know for warranty purposes a simple receipt and the date of the service is always been good enough. I see they have a maintenance "app" but I''m not sure that files to the carfax of the car like I would assume it would.