• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil dip stick

R4L

Jun 15, 2021
Truck Year
Post a pic of you oil dip stick please. I recently did an oil change. Let it drain for 30-40 minutes until there was really nothing left. Changed filter, added 10.5 qt. My dipstick to me looks over filled.

R4L

Jun 15, 2021
Truck Year
Post a pic of you oil dip stick please. I recently did an oil change. Let it drain for 30-40 minutes until there was really nothing left. Changed filter, added 10.5 qt. My dipstick to me looks over filled.
2017 Ram

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
Mine does the same every time. Exactly 10.5 qts. I wait until it is a slow drip after having had run the engine so the oil is warm and thin. Change the oil filter. Always above the fill line. Even after 8,000 miles, it still shows above the fill line.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I run 11 quarts in mine… better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it! Lol but honestly 11 quarts seems to be the sweet spot to hug the top of the full line in my 2014.