Oil fill cap

• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!
Dec 14, 2015
Butler County Pa.
Truck Year
I opened my hood today to fill the window wash fluid and found my oil fill cap is missing. I know there is a chance that it was not installed after oil change #2 at the dealer. The tech that did my service is very good and I suspect it worked loose and came off but who knows. Has anyone else had this same issue?

Dec 14, 2015
Butler County Pa.
Truck Year
I haven't. was oil blown into the engine compartment?
There is some oil near the fill tube but not real bad. This oil change has 3000 miles on it, I would think that I would have more mess if the cap was missing the entire time. I ordered a new cap online at a cost of $55 with shipping. Expensive plastic!

Reactions: BoostN

John

Nov 13, 2015
There is some oil near the fill tube but not real bad. This oil change has 3000 miles on it, I would think that I would have more mess if the cap was missing the entire time. I ordered a new cap online at a cost of $55 with shipping. Expensive plastic!
yeah seems like these engines have lots of blow by. maybe yours doesn't.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Roseau, MN
Truck Year
I honestly did this myself. But it made a real mess of the engine bay in only a day or two. The reason it's so expensive is you end up buying the entire filler neck and cap. Stealer wants about 75-95$ for a replacement. I did the same and got the part number then ordered online for ~45$. Live and learn. Oops.

Bruce Imsdahl

Oct 23, 2017
Got my replacement from Mopar Wholesale Parts out of Avondale Az. Part number 68229365AA I have learned to be careful the cap can fool you and not be latched correctly.
Thank you I will be ordering one this PM. And thanks for the tip. I believe that I must have thought I latched it but not completely as I did have a little oil around the opening but not a lot. I had driven over 500 miles since I had checked it, if it was off all those miles I would have thought there would have been more blow back.

Cpuman56

Sep 9, 2019
Truck Year
I honestly did this myself. But it made a real mess of the engine bay in only a day or two. The reason it's so expensive is you end up buying the entire filler neck and cap. Stealer wants about 75-95$ for a replacement. I did the same and got the part number then ordered online for ~45$. Live and learn. Oops.
Share the part number, and where you found it online Please!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
For fifty five dollars it for Shure would have a red rag shoved in it