• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil in coolant tank

Garry

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
I have 2014 Ram ecodiesel with 42 000 km. I notice oil in coolant tank, Chrysler is going to replace the oil cooler. Does anybody know if the replacement cooler is better.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I don't know if any changes were made to the oil cooler. Many owners with an oil cooler failure had the engine replaced. Some were only flushed.

Garry

Oct 20, 2016
Truck Year
Thank you John for thr reply... I hope that they have made some modification to the cooler. The next time it will
not be guaranteed. How much would it cost to change it.
Thank you for any replies.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
Your best bet is to let them fix it. Then switch to an aftermarket oil cooler setup before your warranty is up. The setups from D&J and H&S are both really good kits.

Archer3d

Apr 26, 2019
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ecodiesel 1500 RAM, 63,505 miles. When we changed oil and checked fluids for a trip we discovered oil in the coolant. I called dealer who insisted we not drive it, but have it towed. I will provide feedback what happens as we get it diagnosed and repaired.