• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil in coolant

KJC

Sep 9, 2017
Truck Year
2015 Laramie with 103,000 miles. I just found oil in the coolant. What are my options?

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
New oil cooler, coolant expansion reservoir, and lots of flushing. Personally I would recommend switching to an aftermarket oil cooler setup that cools the oil with air instead of coolant. Like the kit from D&J or cft performance.

KJC

Sep 9, 2017
Truck Year
2015 Laramie with 103,000 miles. I just found oil in the coolant. What are my options?
New oil cooler, coolant expansion reservoir, and lots of flushing. Personally I would recommend switching to an aftermarket oil cooler setup that cools the oil with air instead of coolant. Like the kit from D&J or cft performance.
Thanks I appreciate the info

TDRAM73

Sep 16, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn just purchased used in April. Has 150,000 miles and previous owner had green diesel tune put in around 132k. Has been running great, just last week got a CEL and parts store checked, it is the engine coolant bypass valve code. Just looking at outside of overflow reservoir it looks suspiciously dirty. So if I have to do the above mentioned work what kind of cost am I looking at?

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
I have a 2014 Laramie Longhorn just purchased used in April. Has 150,000 miles and previous owner had green diesel tune put in around 132k. Has been running great, just last week got a CEL and parts store checked, it is the engine coolant bypass valve code. Just looking at outside of overflow reservoir it looks suspiciously dirty. So if I have to do the above mentioned work what kind of cost am I looking at?
Not sure, best to check the websites for both mentioned aftermarket suppliers, D&J has videos, Labor unknown most posters are some level of DIYers.