• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

On the Fence

Arnold18

Apr 29, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
First post, on the fence as to weather to go with an Eco Diesel, actually not sure I need a new truck, but the timing may be right. Have a dependable F150 with 150k mechanically sound, cosmetically ok, kind of looks like six years of Scouting took its toll! I plan on working seriously fo another six years, then ease off, would like the truck to be paid off when I step back. I initially was looking at a 2015 F250 diesel left over, figuring I could get a deal, dealer likes it better on his lot than mine and the new F150s are ridiculous$$$. Drove an Eco Tradesman last night, good price with incentives even after the dealer hocus-pocus. I tow a small Rv once or twice a month, never more than 200 miles round trip, take a trip or two surf fishing annually@800 miles and work commute is about 20 miles round trip. Enought rambling, have reading to do on the forum.
Thanks,
Arnold

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Arnold! I can't steer you either way but it should like an EcoDiesel would fit your needs perfectly. There are some horror stories out there but for the most part everyone loves there's EcoDiesels.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Doesn't much sound like you have the need for a 3/4 ton diesel so the ecodiesel sounds a good fit coming from 09 f150 territory

Arnold18

Apr 29, 2016
Truck Year
Not Listed
The 250 was a want more than a need for sure, current truck is a 06. Would be nice to get 10 or more years out of the next one too. Thanks for the reply.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah I almost did that looking at a longhorn 2500 Cummins when I was at the Stealer Wednesday. I know other than payload I don't need it. But a Megacab Cummins sure looks nice. ;)