• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

One more newbie here~!

Paulkeemon

Apr 3, 2017
Truck Year
Hi everyone~!.... I'm probably the last guy to buy a brand new 2016 ecodiesel big horn in 2017~!... In January I searched everywhere in so cal and drove 2hrs to Yucca Valley from Pasadena to pick up the last ecodiesel they had in stock. I knew about the emission issue and that's why I didn't want to wait for the 2017.

Paulkeemon

Apr 3, 2017
Truck Year
Have almost 10k on the truck since Jan... so far.. love the truck and the MPG~!!... avg around 22 city/hwy mixed in L.A. metro area (which is more city since the freeways have traffic constantly...) I still have my Nissan Frontier which I get only 14 city/hwy mixed.

I did have 2 issues with the truck so far... 1st was the engine didn't stop running after I turn off the key and removed it... kept running...about 30min.. my client asked my why I left my engine run.. and I was like "I have the keys in my pocket~!" All power were off and only the engine was still on.. So I re-insert the key and turn it off again which took care of the problem.... Called the dealer and they have no clue why it would do that... I'm thinking maybe I turn the key fob too quickly and it skipped the contact point where it suppose to turn off the engine? Don't like these all electronic designs... often its impossible to troubleshoot a problem unless its repeatable..

2nd issue happened when I was instructed to do an update by the console... and was told not to turn off the truck for 20min.. I did.. and came back the screens said its doing update and will be done in 40min.. so I turn the key fob left one click to accessories thinking probably better to let it finish update... then I forgot...about it.. till next morning... the screen console had display "wrong key" on the screen... so I tried my second key... and nope~!.. don't work either... since the battery was very low... I tried charging the battery for few hours without success.. the screens still shows "wrong key" with both sets of my keys, so I called the dealer and they said it had to be towed in since the computer not recognizing the keys anymore~!!.... Anyhow... after 2 days at the dealer they figured out it was a bad battery~!!! I was told by the dealer that a low functioning battery can be charged and started... but mine was bad and they are not sure how the computer "forgot" my keys because of that~!!

Other than these two incidents... I love this truck.... though not feeling very confident about the engine after viewing the stuff on this site... hehe (keeping fingers crossed)

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Welcome to the neighborhood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mykee50

Jul 1, 2017
Truck Year
Hi everyone~!.... I'm probably the last guy to buy a brand new 2016 ecodiesel big horn in 2017~!... In January I searched everywhere in so cal and drove 2hrs to Yucca Valley from Pasadena to pick up the last ecodiesel they had in stock. I knew about the emission issue and that's why I didn't want to wait for the 2017.
Hello, I just joined today. I have a 2016 Laramie EcoDiesel. What is the emission issue you mention for 2017? Mike in Seattle

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hello, I just joined today. I have a 2016 Laramie EcoDiesel. What is the emission issue you mention for 2017? Mike in Seattle

Welcome!

Take a read around. A lot of controversy to say the least about that topic. In short, the government has a lawsuit over emissions cheating. Something similar to what happen to VW TDI's. At this point who knows if the 17's will even happen.

DieselDude

Oct 9, 2013
welcome to the forum. good group of people here. and I keep learning. :ROFLMAO: