• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opti -Coat Pro +

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So after reading on this forum about Ceramic Coatings I have done quite a bit of research on them. Turns out there are quite a number of places that do it.
The quality of the finished product is directly related to the "paint correction" or prep work.
I made an appointment at a reputable shop in my area to learn more about the product and see a couple vehicles that have been done. The results were pretty impressive.
I am going to have Opti -Coat Pro + applied to my ED on the 24th of this month.
Will post some pics after it is done.
$1400 for all the prep, glass, plastic, and also wheels.
7 year warranty.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
That's about right for the prep work included. Paint correction is a fine art, and you truly have to know what your doing. I did my last truck myself in the garage over a weekend, and my arms were noodles by the time I was done. It was only a paint sealant though at the time. I wish I had of done ceramic as it was black.

Be sure to post some before and after pictures...

Here is mine. This is from 2013 I think.

Before:
lml-before.jpg

After:
IMAG0022-r.jpg

Another side angle:

IMAG0018-r.jpg

^ Ignore that fly.. :D

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That looks pretty impressive! I will take some before and after pics. Since my truck is white I am not sure how much any differences will show.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
That looks pretty impressive! I will take some before and after pics. Since my truck is white I am not sure how much any differences will show.

Proper lighting will be a great way. "Detailing lights" are nice to have to help you make sure you're getting the swirls out.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I picked up my truck from the detail shop yesterday after having Opti Coat Pro + applied.
I don't really have any good before pics but I am pleased with how the truck looks. Here are some pics of the truck the day I picked it up.
30 days to the 1st wash. (full cure achieved)
7 days to use the wipers (Opticoat Glass applied)
All surfaces done including wheels.
It SHOULD never need waxing again. I will keep you updated.
IMG_3175.JPG IMG_3176.JPG IMG_3177.JPG IMG_3179.JPG IMG_3181.JPG IMG_3183.JPG IMG_3175.JPG IMG_3176.JPG IMG_3177.JPG IMG_3179.JPG IMG_3181.JPG IMG_3183.JPG

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So a quick Opticoat Pro + update. It has been a little over a month and a half and I gave the truck a quick bath today. Just used a little soap and high pressure wand at the local carwash, touched a few spots with a microfiber cloth.
All of the dirt really just rinsed right off, truck looks like I just spent 1/2 a day waxing it.
So far so good!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So a quick Opticoat Pro + update. It has been a little over a month and a half and I gave the truck a quick bath today. Just used a little soap and high pressure wand at the local carwash, touched a few spots with a microfiber cloth.
All of the dirt really just rinsed right off, truck looks like I just spent 1/2 a day waxing it.
So far so good!

Good to hear!