• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

overheating

djselah

Jun 21, 2023
Truck Year
Have a 2017 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that has starting overheating. Losing antifreeze but can't find any leaks. Thermostat seems to be ok. Any suggestions?

fmatiella

Jul 29, 2021
Truck Year
Have a 2017 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that was overheating., Losing antifreeze but can't find any leaks. Thermostat seems to be ok. Any suggestions?
I have a 2015 with the same issue. Cannot find a leak, has gone up to 240*. I filled up the overflow tank with the engine cold and it sucked up over a gallon of H2O. It is back to normal usually between 188 - 195. Beats me. I have 75K on mine. It may be time for a back flush and a new thermostat. It may not help, but it won't hurt.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Have a 2017 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel that has starting overheating. Losing antifreeze but can't find any leaks. Thermostat seems to be ok. Any suggestions?
It's under the intake but on top of the motor. Rubber piece between two metal lines. Terrible design but common leak. Look under the truck on the transmission bell housing to see if you see anything wet.

djselah

Jun 21, 2023
Truck Year
Thx for comments. Dealer says cracked EGR and warranty won't cover! And need radiator flush! Way overpriced compared to what online info says it should cost.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
Thx for comments. Dealer says cracked EGR and warranty won't cover! And need radiator flush! Way overpriced compared to what online info says it should cost.
Pull the tube from the EGR to the intake manifold. If it's wet, it's the EGR. If not look at the line I told you about. The cracked EGR is why they have the recall. They should replace it no question.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219-094152.png
    Screenshot_20230219-094152.png
    1 MB · Views: 4

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
The VB1 recall does not include a 2017 truck
That's crazy. John I did not know that. I was under the impression that the same parts were used. My dealer said they are including all the eds since the parts were on them. All I know is what I was told. Makes me wonder what else is inaccurate.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
That's crazy. John I did not know that. I was under the impression that the same parts were used. My dealer said they are including all the eds since the parts were on them. All I know is what I was told. Makes me wonder what else is inaccurate.
Agree, it doesn't make sense. Here's my copy of VB1 and haven't received any updates. Maybe someone has more current info.
Edit:
Program would not upload the VB!, said file is too large. Sorry.
If you need it, pm me your email and I can send via email

pcravens

Jul 6, 2023
Truck Year
i had mine replaced under recall and it has cracked again. Dealer would replace again under recall had to pay

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Agree, it doesn't make sense. Here's my copy of VB1 and haven't received any updates. Maybe someone has more current info.
Edit:
Program would not upload the VB!, said file is too large. Sorry.
If you need it, pm me your email and I can send via email
How big? You can put it on something like Dropbox or a file hosting service, and share the link. Otherwise, if you email it to me I can put it on the server and give everyone a link.. Let me know!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
How big? You can put it on something like Dropbox or a file hosting service, and share the link. Otherwise, if you email it to me I can put it on the server and give everyone a link.. Let me know!
Thanks for the offer and suggestions. He never PMd me so I assume he doesn't need it

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
i had mine replaced under recall and it has cracked again. Dealer would replace again under recall had to pay
That does not make sense. You had it replaced under the recall (free), but you had to pay for the replacement?

pcravens

Jul 6, 2023
Truck Year
yes and my truck is still in the shop. now over 10 weeks. it started with smoke coming from under the hood , a lot and it smelled liked plastic burning. so far they have replaced the 02 sensor , Maf sensor , egr cooler , turbo , and now installing new DPF filter.

Tmckinney20

Nov 17, 2022
Truck Year
yes and my truck is still in the shop. now over 10 weeks. it started with smoke coming from under the hood , a lot and it smelled liked plastic burning. so far they have replaced the 02 sensor , Maf sensor , egr cooler , turbo , and now installing new DPF filter.
Oh they're replacing a lot more than just the EGR. Okay that makes a little more sense but if that's the main cause, you shouldn't have to pay for it. Sounds like you need a new dealer.