• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P019100 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Performance-

SubDoc75

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
Just purchased a '14 ecodiesel and the p0191 code came up about 1500 mi into me owning it and then about 500 miles later, got another along with a p0087. Although the dealership ensured me that "all routine maintenance had been done" I pulled the fuel filter and it was almost jet black and there was about 10oz of water in the housing. Swapped that out, re-primed the system and she fired right up. I will try the dielectric grease on the rail connectors this week and check the EGR while I'm there. Thanks letting me join the group! If anyone has any other suggestions of things to double-check, I would appreciate it. Currently at 92K miles.

FloridaRamMan

Mar 10, 2020
Truck Year
Well, I traded the 2014 eco and now own a 2016 eco. And guess what? I am getting the p0087 on this truck also. I have the new extensive warranty offered by the settlement so the same dealership has had my 16 for the last 30 days. Again they( engineers at Chrysler) are blaming the issue on contaminated fuel again. A STAR case has been opened on this one also. The dealership is telling me they do not agree with this diagnosis and they are fighting to get this covered so that I won't have to pay for the entire fuel system to be replaced. Same dealership and same diesel tech working on the truck. What do you think?
Any updates on this? I am extremely interested.

KJ27

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
Trace2008 , both Sensors are sensitive to conditions. Bosch did change the style on the Cummins 6.7 in 2014. The 3.0 has the same Pressure sensor form 2003 to 2013 Cummins, Some Snow pullers will get the same code when snow dust enter the cavity area of the connection.
so can I buy a ‘07.5 - ‘12 FRP Sensor and not have it throw a PO193 code? Or do you know what part number I should look for?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No, its the same senor , But Cummins is 3 PIN the Eco is 4 PIN, You can make a jumper and it will work, I did this on My 2013 to Make the Bnaks Bullet work on My 2013 Cummins. The 2014+ is 4 PIN and again a jumper Harness is needed.

KJ27

Apr 7, 2020
Truck Year
No, its the same senor , But Cummins is 3 PIN the Eco is 4 PIN, You can make a jumper and it will work, I did this on My 2013 to Make the Bnaks Bullet work on My 2013 Cummins. The 2014+ is 4 PIN and again a jumper Harness is needed.

Ok got it. Thank you.

coorsman2005

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
I posted on this post before I never could track my p0191 code. I just delt with it come and go. Now I get p0087.

Now the truck smokes and over fueling pretty much always. My wife's truck is deleted tuned by ctt. It only black smokes no blow by seems run fine but smokes any guessing. Tc what's your thoughts

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What color is the smoke, Black, Gray, Blue, or mixed. Pull the FCA to see if its laden with debris. I'm guessing the truck no longer OEM.

coorsman2005

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
Right emissions fell off. Pure Black smoke. Runs ok but obviously fuel mileage isn't what it was. I will try and pull the FCA tonight. I would like to put a secondary fuel filter on cause I'm thinking some trash got through some where.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Let Me Know, We will go from there........ Black is fuel, so its either over fueling or lack of Air.

coorsman2005

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
yes tc. There is trash all over it I have pictures but says to big to post. So pretty sure I know what that means. Injectors and possibly cp4

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Send them to [email protected], I will look at them and if you done mind I will post them.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Everything is done from Tank to Injectors, The tank will need to be dropped and cleaned, the in tank pump, Injectors, CP4 replaced , ALL the lines rail, filter canister , professionally cleaned or replace.

CP4_FCA.jpg

coorsman2005

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the thoughts tc. I have as pretty much with you 100% but wanted a second opinion. What secondary fuel filter to run I'm going to start ordering parts tomorrow. I will be in contact again. But with my 3.0 parts and not my 6.7 dangit

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You need to install Auxiliary Filtration. I will post picture later Need to go right now.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
What color is the smoke, Black, Gray, Blue, or mixed. Pull the FCA to see if its laden with debris. I'm guessing the truck no longer OEM.
Excuse me, but what is this FCA you refer to? The thing in the posted picture?

coorsman2005

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
Fuel control actuator. Yes pictured.

Also I about forgot I know where this issue came from. I have been running wix filters. I had one come apart and I never knew it until I changed my filter about 3 or 4 months ago. When I pulled the filter the bottom of it was pulled loose from the fiber part of the filter

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Ouch! I wish you luck, and that you can get some help in the caused damages

coorsman2005

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
Ya I'm not even going to contact wix I dont have photos didnt even think about it. All my diesel trucks are going to get the wix filters pulled and go back to mopar brand.

I have injectors ordered and injection pump ordered. So far a little over a grand. In the few parts I ordered. Waiting to decide if I should just install a fass or air dog style pump or go back factory. With an aftermarket filter system. I'd just assume upgrade it since I'm where I am now. It wont get started again till it has the new filtration system