• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P023E before I have completed the FCA update

Raff98

Dec 9, 2019
Truck Year
It figures: I just got my recall last week (I moved a lot). Now, before I got it in the shop for FCA update, I get the DEF error code P023E. Does anyone know if it’s still covered under warranty BEFORE FCA update?

Also this happed while I was filling the DEF fluid. I was starting to run low, DEF needle started moving up as i filled the tank, then needle stopped 1/2 way. Needless to say, I was stupid and added a second jug of DEF, then it started overflowing at the fill port.

I was thinking of siphoning out a good chunk to see if light/error will clear (just enough for FCA update). Anyone tried this method, I don’t have $2,000 for repairs.
Thanks All!!!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
they r known for having bad gauges in the def tank non replaceable needs a def tank

Raff98

Dec 9, 2019
Truck Year
I hope I got lucky - light went off on it's own. Dealer did the updates, I was given a list of everything covered - it is significant. However, they did not say how long the parts were covered or how to request $$. Trying to searh that now.
Thank you!