• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P026C-00

CaseyTal

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Test driving a 2015 EcoDiesel. Picked it up from the dealer with a CEL. Code: P026C. They had just gotten it from auction but didn’t have service look at it yet. Took it back to the dealer to fix the problem before I consider buying it. Apparently Chrysler has a bulletin on solving this problem and it starts with 2 steps:
  1. Fuel Filter replacement
  2. Fuel Injector Insert: Fuel system cleaning
Tech said he drove the truck for 20 miles then parked it back at the dealership for the night. Next day he started it back up and let it warm up for five minutes. He didn’t make it 5 miles before the CEL came back. Same code: P026C

My assumption is that it’ll need new injectors and other parts of the fuel delivery system. The truck is listed for $5k under book and is far cheaper than the HEMI they had sitting next to it; same year except the Rebel package. Should I run? Or would a new fuel delivery system be enough to make it worth it? The truck has 96,800 miles on it but is covered under the extended 120,000 mile powertrain warranty.

(Sorry if hijacking OP’s post. Delete if not allowed.)

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group Casey the problem with the dealers they can't fix them they just throw a pile of parts at then and hope it is fixed

CaseyTal

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Thank you for the welcome! I see what you mean. The most knowledgeable ecodiesel tech at the dealership had no clue how to fix it. That scares me. I’m considering other options at this point.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
the other ran u r looking at if it is a hemi is a gas guzzler it will pass a y thing on the road except a gas station

CaseyTal

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Dealer said they have a 2019 RAM HEMI SLT that they could sell less than the EcoDiesel. 20k miles on it. The average for them is between 15 and 21. But honestly whilst driving the diesel, it only got about 23 at its best. I heard the emissions update made the fuel economy drop.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
it should do about 28 or so I have a hemi 2019 I get 14 .5 and my wife gets a little less

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I ha e a 2018 I get 30 to 32 taking it easy on a trip it is all in the pedal

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
it already had the recall installed before sale every one has the update the 17 18 19 all. has it the 20 who knows

CaseyTal

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hmm. I guess we shall wait and see if they can fix this one and see what MPGs it gets.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have all 4 a 6.7 a 5.9 a 3.0 and a hemi I like the eco for the mileage

solarvic

Jun 28, 2015
Truck Year
II hada 2015 eco-diesel and traded it at 22,000 miles as I had lots o problems with it and took a loss on it. When I was in the shop They gave me a loaner crewcab with the 6 cylinder motor. Fuel milage for me was around 24 mpg for me. I was surprised with the power and fuel milage> I dumped the eco and got a charger all wheel drive which gets between 24 and 25 mpg doing local driving. Think I am going to stick with gasoline powered vehicles. even if the diesel gets a couple miles better fuel milage the 40 cents extra for diesel doesn,t make sence to me. Once burned by the ecodiesel, shame on Chrysler. if I bought another diesel from Chrysler shame on me. By the way the eco was rapping when I started it when cold.

growleycrowley

Aug 8, 2019
Truck Year
Love my 2015 Eco, been to 28 mpg couple of times pre recall, since recall most recent 3 weeks ago 25.5 at 80 mph and climbing, was running awesome, then CEL came on, 3rd time to the dealer. My opinion the flash is not in sink with electronics, just a fix to please EPA. Waiting to see what comes of this, collect my $3k and then will keep until 120,000, it is at 90,000. Then shop 3rd gen. Lesson learned, never by 1st generation of anything.

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
2016 Ram, 3.0 Eco, 10k miles, Completely stock.

Hi guys. Well, here we go. I took her in for an oil change last Tues, 3/4/17. On Friday, 3/7/17, as I was leaving work for a Dr appointment, I hear (DING). I look down and there is a CEL staring me in the face. The truck seems to be running fine at this point, so I go on to my appointment. I tell myself as I'm shutting it off, "Well, it seems to be running fine. Maybe just a hickup". When I come out from my appointment, I insert my key, give it a twist, and it takes a long 20 seconds to crank up. CEL light is on again and it sounds like it's running on 5 cylinders, and making an awful bad knock noise. I shut it off and call the dealer. They want me to bring it in. The service manager takes note of all my conditions. Says, since the CEL is NOT flashing, I can drive it. So, off I go on the 20+ mile trip. CEL stays on steady the entire time. I get to the dealer, put it in park and leave it running. And it is running ever so badly. The service manager meets me at the bay entrance with code reader in hand. P026C-00 Fuel Injection Quantity Lower Than Expected. The first thing that goes thru my mind is the Diesel I bought the day of the oil change. The truck sits all weekend at the dealer and yesterday, the service draws a fuel sample. It's clean. Now today, they are trouble shooting trying to figure out why the truck is not firing all the injectors. I'm praying for the best but expecting the worse.
I am afraid of the engine issues that I am seeing. At 10Kmiles, this should not be happening. The heaviest thing I have pulled was a 16' Tracker boat. I really do like the truck, and was hopeful for a long life.
Any idea's?

Texascherokee

Mar 27, 2019
Truck Year
P026C-00 MIL code 12_19_19. Driving on Toll Road with Cruise Control on at 75MPH . DING MIL light comes on, no loss in power or performance. Never ran bad once. Next day took to mechanic and he scan with brand new Snap On scanner.

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel, 54,000 miles. At 26K the Turbo water line broke, Dealer removed intake to replace, 10,000 miles ago water pump leaked, water pump replaced. The PMC uses FMO (Fuel Mass Observer) to map injector limits over time. Yes it has the new software update and was part of the Eco Diesel Settlement

In the Scanner report attached 3rd item is "air leak", could it be possible the dealer mechanic, didn't tighten the intake bolts to spec? New air filter and hose from filter and other hoses all secure. New Fuel Filters also

Any new suggestions on this error code?

Attachments

• P Code 026C.pdf
    692.9 KB · Views: 16