• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P026D HELP !!!! WONT SMOG

Ffeggleston

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
Tried to smog today and my test are failing because some of my emission monitors are not coming back on. This code when read states fuel quantity error or something of that nature. I went from a SFT Stage 1 tune back to stock and have drove it probably over 500 miles. They have verified that it in fact the stock tune that is loaded. I have even installed new fuel filter just for good measure, cleaned DPF Injector, air filter, and MAP. Any ideas on what I can get to fix this. I do have an appointment at the dealership, but it is not until next week.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
This code is common among all (HPCRs) What you will read on the net are complex costly procedures and diagnostics, It easily fixed and cost only time. The procedure needs to be explained, VIA Phone, You are welcome to call Me and if you want to post the fix is fine with Me, I'm tried of My info finding its way back to 1500diesel.XXX.

Ffeggleston

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
This code is common among all (HPCRs) What you will read on the net are complex costly procedures and diagnostics, It easily fixed and cost only time. The procedure needs to be explained, VIA Phone, You are welcome to call Me and if you want to post the fix is fine with Me, I'm tried of My info finding its way back to 1500diesel.XXX.
PM Sent with Number. Thank you very much.

Temerarius

Dec 17, 2020
Truck Year
Greets all,

New to the forum and slammed headlong into the same issue as the user above.

I thought it was a clogged MAP sensor, but pulled it, cleaned it, cleared the codes and... boom... a few miles later, it pops back up (P026D). The code info is, not very helpful. I'm wondering if it's a air leak in my intake? Or...?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Temerarius

Dec 17, 2020
Truck Year
Any idea what the issue is?

I'm trying to avoid the dealer at all costs, they have never been (in my experience) even moderately capable and tend to break stuff along the way.

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
Greets all,

I thought it was a clogged MAP sensor, but pulled it, cleaned it, cleared the codes and... boom... a few miles later, it pops back up (P026D). The code info is, not very helpful. I'm wondering if it's a air leak in my intake? Or...?

I had that code this summer. It came on, but the truck continued running perfectly fine. I took it to the dealer. They cleared the code out and found nothing wrong. They said it possible the fuel may be borderline or it could have been a glitch and this was fairly common. Months and thousands of miles later, no issue.
I believe the code is for an unexpected quantity of fuel injected.

Ffeggleston

Mar 26, 2020
Truck Year
Yep agreed. Problem is mine will keep that code on until it throws the light. Then with a light on it won’t pass smog.

Temerarius

Dec 17, 2020
Truck Year
Fun!

I'll run it awhile longer and see. The truck has 81k on it and this is the first time this has popped up, but, it popped up right after I changed the air intake and had the Manifold replaced/redone (looked a bit like a chocolate cake in there), so I wasn't sure if they might have been related.

hankinpageaz

Sep 8, 2022
Truck Year

TC Diesel, I have that trouble code P026D and I'd like to clear it off. My truck has 51850+ miles on it. It came up after refueling. I cleared it off and ran good for 3 days. Now the code is back.
I'm new to this forum. I need to know how I can get in touch for solving the issue.

welded

May 3, 2017
Truck Year
Greets all,

I also had the P026d-00 code. My Diagnostic tool(Autel MaxiCom MK808BT) described the problem as "Fuel quantity higher than expected". I thought to myself "oh crap" I had just done an egr tube clean and map sensor...I should have used new gaskets. My Bad. Bought the parts and put it back together again.
The Pn. is 68211320AA for the metal gasket & 68211212AA. total cost $34.00 and I bought an extra set to have on hand for when I need them again.
So far, I have driven 154 miles without the code coming back on. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

hankinpageaz

Sep 8, 2022
Truck Year
P026D
My experience with this code.
I installed a PEDAL COMMANDER on my truck because it was too slow to come up to speed. I set it a little higher like sport mode 2 or 3. I drove to Colorado over a weekend drive. At some times I would floor the pedal to pick up speed. Coming back home I put in diesel and got on the road, this is when the code came up. I cleaned the egr tube and mapp sensor. They weren't terribly coated like I thought. I cleared the code and around 150 miles later the code came back on. I removed the PEDAL COMMANDER and cleared the code and hasn't come back. Its been like 2 months now with thousands of miles more. I'm convinced that flooring your pedal because the lag these ecodiesels have will eventually throw this P026D code.
I also had the P026d-00 code. My Diagnostic tool(Autel MaxiCom MK808BT) described the problem as "Fuel quantity higher than expected". I thought to myself "oh crap" I had just done an egr tube clean and map sensor...I should have used new gaskets. My Bad. Bought the parts and put it back together again.
The Pn. is 68211320AA for the metal gasket & 68211212AA. total cost $34.00 and I bought an extra set to have on hand for when I need them again.
So far, I have driven 154 miles without the code coming back on. Hope this helps.
P026D
Installed Pedal Commander on my truck and set to sport mode. After flooring the pedal over a weekend drive the code came up. I cleaned the egr tube and mapp sensor, wasn't that bad, cleared the code also. 150 miles later it came back. Removed the Pedal Commander and cleared code again. The code hasn't come back since. It's been 2 months and thousands miles now. I'm convinced that in the process of trying to overcome the lag on these trucks by flooring the pedal will eventually throw that code. This is my 2 cents.