• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P203e code

mk52

Mar 14, 2019
Truck Year
Noticing DEF tank gauge is erratic! Left home on 450 mi trip with 1/3 on gauge...arrived at destination with over 1/2! Could tank have
frozen in extended below zero temps?

windowsxp

Jun 26, 2019
Truck Year
My second exhaust system related code on WK2 GC. First dealing with the NOx sensor when driving through puddles. Now P203e. 2015 with 67,000.
DEF tank probably less than 1/4. Gauge says 1/4 but it is terribly inaccurate.. Going to fill the tank up tomorrow and go from there. Does the 80k federal emissions warranty apply?

Traild93

Nov 21, 2019
Truck Year
I just sent my 14 eco diesel into the shop and was told my level sensor in the tank has gone bad not sure what the code is. Sounds very similar to what Nutt was saying, would it be a good idea to try this first distilled water before buying a $2000+ unit. Also i cant find anyone in the area that does the deletion. Thanks

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
try Canada quite a few tuners up there hddiesel supply is a very good one

Erich777

May 8, 2021
Truck Year
2014 Eco, 91,000 miles. Just got the P203e myself... I just read all of the above and it does not sound very optimistic.
I see tanks for sale online in the $600 range, is anyone sure that the dealer has to do a magic calibration or is this something anyone with the SnapOn OBDII tool can do?

Erich777

May 8, 2021
Truck Year
Update: cleaned all the contacts and rinsed the system.. Did not change anything right away..
Went to dealer who first quoted me $3020 for a tank R&R.
I asked about emissions warrantee, they agreed that this WAS covered (ie: no charge) and ordered parts. (two weeks ago).
Still waiting for parts.

Last night the DEF gage bounced back to 3/4 (where it should be) from the 1/4 reading its been stitting at for the past month... (about 2k miles at 1/4 and about 1k miles after I messed with the tank)

Jazon125

Jul 31, 2021
Truck Year
So... Same as we figured. Evidently this is not covered under any warranty. I even have an extended warranty. Now I've spent an extra $100 for diagnostics. It' 2,200 for the tank and about 2,500 total.
This is a design flaw. It should be a recall. There should be an aftermarket tank or the sensor should be removable. This is a $50k truck. It shouldn't have this issue. It's frustrating! I LOVE this truck, but I'm not happy.
Same my trucks at the dealers saying my warranty dose not cover exhaust part do I'm left with $225 diagnostics fee in $2,000 to replace the tank but the only thing they're saying is wrong with mine is the def pump is bad but it was still on six codes saying the turbo was running low and everything else but all of a sudden now it's just the dea
So... Same as we figured. Evidently this is not covered under any warranty. I even have an extended warranty. Now I've spent an extra $100 for diagnostics. It' 2,200 for the tank and about 2,500 total.
This is a design flaw. It should be a recall. There should be an aftermarket tank or the sensor should be removable. This is a $50k truck. It shouldn't have this issue. It's frustrating! I LOVE this truck, but I'm not happy

Inq

Apr 10, 2023
Truck Year
First post to the forum. I hope it is ok to revive old threads. It seemed the most appropriate place.

I have a 2017 Ram EcoDiesel with 33K miles (mentioned in case low usage might contribute to my problem). I also have the GDE tune. It's been fantastic... easily 20% better mileage and a lot better off-the-line. I knew my DEF was low and the engine light came on first. From before, I knew there was a special light for the DEF fluid and I waited for it to show up. It did and I added (3) 2.5 gallons of Peak Blue DEF.
Neither the engine light nor the DEF light has gone out. The 1500 mile "will not start" has come on and started clocking down. Started reading here on the forum and have tried...
  1. Disconnect the battery over night.
  2. Have let it set for a couple of weeks with the 7.5 gallons of fluid.
  3. Have driven it some, but avoiding anything getting me down to zero.
I was thinking about getting an OBD II scanner/eraser since the forum said I might just need to clear the code for it to wake back up. My manual also says something like that... that once the DEF light comes on, the dealer will have to reset something to have the level gauge work again.

Anyway... went to the Advance Auto and they hooked up their unit and it said I have three instances of this P203E code. They also said it was a permanent code and that it couldn't be cleared by their unit. I've just started reading this thread and will try the distilled water fill suggested, but wanted to know, if I get a scanner/erase unit, will I be able to clear this P203E code?

Thanks!

Inq

Apr 10, 2023
Truck Year
...I have the old tank from when they replaced it ( had to argue to get it but I got it) I plan on cutting it in half one day just to see what exactly that gauge looks like. Was also told I could replace the tank myself even found the tank on a mopar parts sight for $1500 but I learned that the tank gauge has to be calibrated be either some sort of equipment at the dealer or witchcraft by the dealer neither of which I have...

Did you ever get around to cutting it open? I've tried all the things suggested here in the thread and some GDE suggested. Wondering if it can be taken apart and scrubbed... or even electronically hacked.