• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P203e code

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So the gauge won' reset unless I go to the dealer?
The code won't clear unless it's physically gone or reset by the dealer. Disconnecting the battery will only clear soft codes. And they'll still be stored

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Explain to me the tune. How do I know about my state?
Does your state require annual smog and emissions testing?

Basically gde or ppei to flash your engine computer and then remove all of the emissions equipment in the exhaust and replace with straight exhaust pipe.

Basically some time down the road you'll likely have problems with the particulate filter or catalytic reduction systems and they're only warrantied through 100k which you're very near to. And they're bigger bills to swallow than the def tank

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My state doesn't regulate, but I haven't had any issues with scr/dpf/def systems. When I do, and that isn't rectified by a tank flush, all that shit is going to be gone. Just too many $$$ for repairs

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
I hear ya. I went to the dealer. They should have cleared that code? They didn't. If I could just go by and have them do it when they rotate my tires and change my oil, I would do that.
If the gauge says it' empty, I don' think they could reset that.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Just finished letting the vinegar solution sit for about 4 hours. It's midnight. I' soaking wet and smelling like vinegar. However, when I refilled with def and turned it on voila! Holy crap... it worked. I wonder if the def is a different density and somehow it registered on the gauge and the distilled water didn't?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Holy shit it worked!!! Nice job! So your mileage counter is gone?

I think p20 is just a generic code, nothing specific that causes trouble. My truck stores generic codes like that all of the time but never amount to anything. Not even a CEL.

Congratulations on the fix for now!

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
I' m hoping so. Looked at a few things. I' thinking it might be def quality. Which makes sense. Probably needs to run through the system

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Haven' seen CEL again after clearing it and putting in more DEF. Now though, the gauge is only reading a little over half when in reality, the def was overflowing. Keeping fingers crossed that it will adjust.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Haven' seen CEL again after clearing it and putting in more DEF. Now though, the gauge is only reading a little over half when in reality, the def was overflowing. Keeping fingers crossed that it will adjust.

I've been following along on this. Glad to see it's helping.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Thanks. My gauge is still 2/3 full. The tank is completely full. Everything i see, says thats sometimes typical.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks. My gauge is still 2/3 full. The tank is completely full. Everything i see, says thats sometimes typical.
Glad to see it worked ,when I did mine the needle never went past 2/3 either. Sometimes when I would add DEF the code would trip again and I could reset the code drain the gallon out and code would not come back that was with one gallon containers every time I added the 2.5 gallon container it would trip and would have to drain it back out ,in all of this the gauge never went past 2/3. Do yourself a favor and if you don’t already have a code reader with reset get one. As far as doing a delete to get rid of this problem do your homework no one could give me a straight answer that if I did the delete it would take care of that code. That code is basically saying the gauge isn’t communicating with the ECU correctly and no one could give me the answer that the reprogramming of the ECU for the delete would take care of the bad or no signal from the DEF tank. They either didn’t know or were scared to say it would ,then put it on not take care of the code then be out $1500 for a delete and still have to replace the $2000 tank was basically told to have the tank replaced first. I opted to have the tank replaced after several failed reattempts to flush out the tank. I even steamed it once. I’m now saving up to do a delete and have no doubt it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
It's ust a poor design. This shouldnt be a problem. As soon as ibsee the gauge move, I'll put some def in. Hopefully the code won't come back. I' not as concerned with the code as I am with getting to the "0 miles left and it won't restart message"

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Glad to see it worked ,when I did mine the needle never went past 2/3 either. Sometimes when I would add DEF the code would trip again and I could reset the code drain the gallon out and code would not come back that was with one gallon containers every time I added the 2.5 gallon container it would trip and would have to drain it back out ,in all of this the gauge never went past 2/3. Do yourself a favor and if you don’t already have a code reader with reset get one. As far as doing a delete to get rid of this problem do your homework no one could give me a straight answer that if I did the delete it would take care of that code. That code is basically saying the gauge isn’t communicating with the ECU correctly and no one could give me the answer that the reprogramming of the ECU for the delete would take care of the bad or no signal from the DEF tank. They either didn’t know or were scared to say it would ,then put it on not take care of the code then be out $1500 for a delete and still have to replace the $2000 tank was basically told to have the tank replaced first. I opted to have the tank replaced after several failed reattempts to flush out the tank. I even steamed it once. I’m now saving up to do a delete and have no doubt it will work.

From everything that I understand when gde does an off road tune they set the def gauge to read half regardless of fluid level. So it's not actually reading the tank level it's just programmed as a constant.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
No counter. But yes, 203e.
This happened to me more than once, I would just drive mine till the 500 mile warning would come back then try the temp fix again. Reseting the code was useless I could reset the code start the truck drive it unlimited miles with no code but as soon as I started it the second time within 10 miles and it was back on. I dealt with this problem for over a year until the temp fix didn’t work anymore. I know I’m $2k poorer but I’m not spending my off time underneath a truck flushing out a tank anymore . I honestly don’t think the problem with the gauge is crystallization around it. From what I’ve read about the gauge it is supposedly a RF gauge and if it is ,then crystallization certainly isn’t the problem. We use RF type gauges in the refinery I work in and they are covered in stuff a lot worse and still work. I think it’s just a faulty designed gauge installed in the worst possible way and since it’s not covered under any warranty Chrysler isn’t worried about even trying to find out the cause. I would certainly try the temp fix again it’s still cheaper and if it’s like mine you could just drive it with the CEL on until the 500 mile warning comes back on, mine took 4 months before that came back once. I just ran out of patience and after the 3rd time in one week of flushing it out to no avail and very few miles left on the count down my wife said FIX IT so she took it to the dealer while I was as work. My pride and pocket book were hurt but I got over it.