• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P203e code

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
So... .. You dont suggest putting a little bit of vinegar in the tank with the distilled water?
It certainly couldn’t hurt it anymore if it’s broke I would just make sure to flush it out with more distilled water. Just keep in mind all of the methods everyone is suggesting including me is based on an assumption that crystallized DEF is causing the problem. There is a chance that the gauge is just bad and no matter what you put in it will fix it. I believe that this was my problem ,just cause the gauge was crazy, sometimes if I put more than 1 gallon in the gauge wouldn’t move but would trigger the code, I would then siphon a gallon out and the gauge would work and a day later I could put the gallon back in with no problem. When I did the original fix I only put one gallon at a time in up to 5 gallons and from that point on if it had more than 5 gallons in it the code would trip. If your out of warranty I’d certainly try anything once I’m just relaying my experience in what worked and what didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
So... Same as we figured. Evidently this is not covered under any warranty. I even have an extended warranty. Now I've spent an extra $100 for diagnostics. It' 2,200 for the tank and about 2,500 total.
This is a design flaw. It should be a recall. There should be an aftermarket tank or the sensor should be removable. This is a $50k truck. It shouldn't have this issue. It's frustrating! I LOVE this truck, but I'm not happy.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
So... Same as we figured. Evidently this is not covered under any warranty. I even have an extended warranty. Now I've spent an extra $100 for diagnostics. It' 2,200 for the tank and about 2,500 total.
This is a design flaw. It should be a recall. There should be an aftermarket tank or the sensor should be removable. This is a $50k truck. It shouldn't have this issue. It's frustrating! I LOVE this truck, but I'm not happy.
I would have figured the extended warranty would have covered this , I’d certainly make them show me the fine print where it doesn’t. I didn’t have the extended warranty so I never argued over that. I do however feel your pain over the $2k, and that there is a design flaw. Not that it’ll help but when I get a chance I’m going to cut the old tank that I got back from them in half so I can get some kind of idea what exactly is in there and to work out some frustration when I do I’ll post some pictures of the internals.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Dodgevshould have a customer service line to talk to. The warranty I have is for 80k i think. I would like to chat with my warranty people anyway.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Dodgevshould have a customer service line to talk to. The warranty I have is for 80k i think. I would like to chat with my warranty people anyway.

Make them show you it's not covered.

I want to point out, anytime a new modern diesel is out of warranty, we have to plan for issues like this. If you live in a place where the DPF "falls off" and it's OK then it's a little easier to deal with this, but in other areas...not so much. DEF/DPF problems plagues all of them!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'll tell you what, here's my answer if the 20$ tank flush can't fix it..

It's only half the price to tune the truck. Even if you go off road tune, put in the cheater pipe, you're still well under your quote and it'll never be a problem again.

Getting towards 100k and no Warranty is when to do the tune for sure in my opinion

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Starting it today. It' about 25 degrees and rainy. I'l be in my garage. Any last mi its pointers before I begin? I have a tiny little electrical pump that I use on my boat. Im hoping to drain the 8 gallons of def into a couple big water jugs.
I only have 115 miles left. Should this be noticed right away if the deposits get cleared up?

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Take your time and don’t rush it. I wouldn’t reuse the DEF you take out no matter how new it is and let it sit overnight. When I first did this the results were about 15 -20 minutes later. I was actually sitting at a red light pondering all the wasted time I had put into this when the gauge shot up. Make sure you have all the codes cleared before starting and keep in mind that all this is assuming the crystallized DEF is the problem and joy a faulty gauge. I hope this works for you and keeps working it worked for me once and that’s all ,it bought me about a year, still had to fight it though ,code would come and go.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
I just need to make it past Christmas and hopefully they'll do a recall. If it' easy, I'll do it yearly.

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
Have any of you had a bus failure along with this? I had about 5 other codes. All electrical. Lights off, wipers going, gauges jumping, loss of peer and not shifting. Dealer said that 203e could have caused it.
What would happen if i ran distilled water only through def?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well when you run out of miles just don't turn off the truck! It will stay running at zero miles but it won't restart. So that will be your last drive to the dealership.

I wouldn't waste money on new def I'd bottle it and reuse it for sure!

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
The def I put in was brand new. I'l look at it and see how it is. When I start moving that tank around there may be some deposits break free. $30 of new def isn' a huge deal

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
I got it. I think it's working. I wish i knew how much was in the tank. I have 2- 4 gallon bottles.

Attachments

• 20171118_111255.jpg
    20171118_111255.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 26

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Sweet. Are you actually going to drop the tank or flush it in place? That's what I would do. Just do a vinegar water fill for 3 hours, drain, flush, and then dump a few gallons of def in. Just my opinion if I were in your shoes.

Not sure if it's what you were asking but yes it's a 8 gallon tank so that's about all of it!

Chris Stultz

Nov 12, 2017
Truck Year
I only got 6 gallons out of it. I didn't drop it completely. It was really easy to do. I'll see how this works. I'l let it sit overnight. If it doesn't work, I'll drop the tank and do it that way. That was my original plan.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I only got 6 gallons out of it. I didn't drop it completely. It was really easy to do. I'll see how this works. I'l let it sit overnight. If it doesn't work, I'll drop the tank and do it that way. That was my original plan.
Are you trying vinegar solution or just the water out of curiosity?